Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Media misinformation on the magazine ban

Here is a good summarization of the bill. It's about 12 minutes long

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I'll be allowed to have as many magazines with capacities that I choose. They have no say what I can own.
    let me add 30 rounds is a standard AR magazine it's not high capacity it comes with the firearm when you purchase it as is any other magazine that is provided by any manufacturer. It's funny how they coin the term "high capacity" to sound like it was ever a thing, my Glock 17 holds a standard of 17 rounds , my 19 holds a standard of 15 rounds, these are the standard mags provided. if I had a 100 round drum it would holds it standard capacity of 100 rounds. It's all word play to put fear into the public and divide us as communities .... how else would the government get away with all the backdoor shit that somehow gets passed in the night?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Serious (hypothetical?) question: Let's say someone is in possession of a safe full of 20-30 round mags for a variety of platforms. Say they are grandfathered in when a 15 (or, heaven forbid, 10) round limit is passed. Should it not be up to .gov to prove that they were acquired after the ban, and not up to the owner to prove they are legal? Wouldn't reasonable doubt still apply? Hell, when I got out of the army in 2002 I was in possession of a handful of 20 and 30 round AR mags. Can .gov prove they're newly in my possession?

It's late, I'm tired - excuse my babble...
    This ban is not aimed at you. It's aimed at future generations of your family. Once they get a ban on the books, it's all downhill from that point on, or so they hope.

Serious (hypothetical?) question: Let's say someone is in possession of a safe full of 20-30 round mags for a variety of platforms. Say they are grandfathered in when a 15 (or, heaven forbid, 10) round limit is passed. Should it not be up to .gov to prove that they were acquired after the ban, and not up to the owner to prove they are legal? Wouldn't reasonable doubt still apply? Hell, when I got out of the army in 2002 I was in possession of a handful of 20 and 30 round AR mags. Can .gov prove they're newly in my possession?

I would imagine if things reached this point they would require a mark on each new magazine produced to show it is a new magazine. Maybe a scarlet letter A on each new magazine.

I am supporting Oz in the election over Fetterman. I do want to get Oz on record now though about where he stands and Magazine limits, Semi auto bans, red flag laws etc*.. This is important stuff that a significant portion of his potential constituency cares about.

(Lancaster County)

"Media misinformation"?

reported to the Department of Redundancy Department!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    let me add 30 rounds is a standard AR magazine it's not high capacity it comes with the firearm when you purchase it as is any other magazine that is provided by any manufacturer.
    My Chicago Typewriter came from Kahr with a factory 30-round stick and a factory 50-round drum.

(Mifflin County)

The high cap. mags are selling well right now . Thought about getting a few extras for my mini 14 , all I see is "out of stock " .

(Washington County)

New production mags made after the ban will be marked For Law Enforcement Only. But under the new proposed ban, purchasing and transferring/acquiring any pre-ban mags would also be forbidden, so how to tell if you bought or acquired the mags before or after the ban? Answer: You couldn't tell. But look at it this way, if law enforcement are at your house with probable cause or a search warrant, I'm pretty sure they're gonna take all your magazines and leave you with zero mags. They won't care if they can't prove when you acquired them. They'll just say "see you in court". So thousands of dollars in legal fees later, you might get your mags back or maybe you won't.(Unless you've saved purchase receipts for all of your mags?)

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    The high cap. mags are selling well right now . Thought about getting a few extras for my mini 14 , all I see is "out of stock " .
    Not sure where you are looking, but I'm seeing them available all over the place right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast