Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Knife Sharpening

I am looking for someone in the Collegeville/King of Prussia area that sharpens pocket knifes. Does anyone have a person they could recommend ? Could you leave website link to them?

Thank you,
    Nick.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Knife Sharpening

Quote Originally Posted by Nick72 View Post
    I am looking for someone in the Collegeville/King of Prussia area that sharpens pocket knifes. Does anyone have a person they could recommend ? Could you leave website link to them?

Thank you,
    Nick.
    Me and everyone I know sharpens our own.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

This is the close to it?

1st century. Apostle Peter carried a sword. It*s possible the others because of criminals etc.and they are fishers and carrying knifes. I*m sure Peter
    wanted the *Automachine Sword* but was denied.

Noticed, Jesus didn*t say we don*t carry swords, He said *Put your sword into its scarbbard*, John 18:1-11. Therefore as *carryng* was approved.

*Others pointed to Luke 22:35-38, where Jesus apparently told His disciples to go out and buy swords, telling them they had *enough* with the two they had on hand. For these readers, this was justification for carrying guns for self-defense (again, I never questioned someone*s right to own a gun for self-defense).*

Note: Roman Military uses the Spatha sword, 2 edges., (basic pattern for centuries). I*m sure the Apostles bought their swords at the 5 and 10 , but they will still call it *Assault Spatha Sword.*

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    This is the close to it?

1st century. Apostle Peter carried a sword. It*s possible the others because of criminals etc.and they are fishers and carrying knifes. I*m sure Peter
    wanted the *Automachine Sword* but was denied.

Noticed, Jesus didn*t say we don*t carry swords, He said *Put your sword into its scarbbard*, John 18:1-11. Therefore as *carryng* was approved.

*Others pointed to Luke 22:35-38, where Jesus apparently told His disciples to go out and buy swords, telling them they had *enough* with the two they had on hand. For these readers, this was justification for carrying guns for self-defense (again, I never questioned someone*s right to own a gun for self-defense).*

Note: Roman Military uses the Spatha sword, 2 edges., (basic pattern for centuries). I*m sure the Apostles bought their swords at the 5 and 10 , but they will still call it *Assault Spatha Sword.*
    WTF? Did you find some peyote buttons or something?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

The purists will be by with wailing and gnashing of teeth, but the Chefs Choice line of sharpeners is a good investment. I can sharpen on whetstones. I do a decent job. But damned if the Chefs Choice isn*t so easy as to let the dust settle on them.

ETA, I have this one. Love it for kitchen knives. 8 and 10 inch blades, no problem. It works well on smaller blades too, down to around 3 inches. After that, it is back to the whetstones.

https://www.amazon.com/ChefsChoice-A...kitchen&sr=1-2

(Bucks County)

I am a sharpness / quality knife snob (and i did gnash my teeth a little) but for the masses the Chefs choice is a good option for sharpening kitchen knives. I haven't used mine in decades but it will give a much better edge than the " butter knives" most people call sharp that are all piled together in the same drawer. I wouldn't recommend this for a pocket knife though. Pocket knives have short blades and usually a fat handle next to them. The best you can do with a mechanical grinder is grind away on the front half of the blade leaving the back dull. After a couple sharpenings you blade will look like crap and will be ground down so blunt in the front that it will not cut well. If you do find someone to sharpen a pocket knife make sure they will do it by hand. With the right set of stones short blades are the easiest to sharpen and should only take then 5-10 min max per blade so the price should be reasonable.

Doc Grimson from Black market tactical is down that way. He makes phenomenal knives, met him and handled a few at last Allentown show.

https://www.blackmarkettactical.com/

(Chester County)

My bad. I couldn't find where to put it. Apostles at that Century God allowed carrying.

(Montgomery County)

There is a guy with a table at Jakes Flea Market on Rt 100 that sharpens while you are there walking around. He is in the center of the row towards the parking lot.