Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Re: Oaks, PA - June 10, 11, 12

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    I can explain this...but please dont take this as me cutting you down. the reason why dealers dont like people racking slides and dry firing new firearms is mostly because you aren't the only one looking at it. sure its only a $1200 pistol, but let be honest....it isnt yours, and it wasnt your money that put it on the dealers table. im absolutely positive that most people dont want their new firearms finger banged to death by every single person, and moreover the person who actually does have the cash to purchase it doesn't want a hundred people pulling triggers, racking slides, dry firing, and pretending they are in a western shootout and then handing it back to the dealer. hell, I had a brand new revolver that after five people looked at it, it had a huge index mark on the cylinder. ive had some people ask why a gun looks used....well its because people just have to demo a gun in every way before they walk away. its unfortunate, but I understand his request. while im sure you were not going to do harm to it, we just never know who is trying to be John Wick at the show. I had several clowns pick up a $1200 WWII helmet and start to take it apart, roll it around on my table, etc. then they got the price and were shocked and had to ask why it was so expensive. ive had clowns pick up $5000 sniper rifles and twirl them around and then ask me if it was an SKS. the vast majority of the crowd is educated and respectful, but in this business you see it all. that being said, I did get to meet two very nice PAFOA members at the show! didnt get their names but it was a pleasure.
    Reminds me of the youtube channel, gas station encounters. I dont know how you guys put up with it.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Default Re: Oaks, PA - June 10, 11, 12

Yeah, even Mickey Rooney had time to chit chat.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567