Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default MagGuts +2 Kit for Shield Plus

The second that these went up for sale the other day, I placed my order, they arrived today, and I got on with the install. Unfortunately, I can't say that I'm thrilled with the product. Despite following the instructions to a T and my follower and mag spring aligning with the provided diagram, I'm pretty confident in saying that these are only +1, not +2. (even after reinstalling the kit twice) In addition, aligning the mag spring properly with the follower is a PITA, they really should have shipped together as one assembled unit since the alignment is critical and you can't exactly reach into the mag housing to adjust it if need be. I haven't been to the range yet, so I can't comment on live function, but the MagGuts follower differs in angle from the S&W follower, which may explain the few feeding malfunctions I experienced while running the slide by hand. I would be curious to hear from anyone else that has installed this product and whether they were able to fit 15 rounds and get it to function properly. Thanks!

(Carbon County)

Default Re: MagGuts +2 Kit for Shield Plus

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    The second that these went up for sale the other day, I placed my order, they arrived today, and I got on with the install. Unfortunately, I can't say that I'm thrilled with the product. Despite following the instructions to a T and my follower and mag spring aligning with the provided diagram, I'm pretty confident in saying that these are only +1, not +2. (even after reinstalling the kit twice) In addition, aligning the mag spring properly with the follower is a PITA, they really should have shipped together as one assembled unit since the alignment is critical and you can't exactly reach into the mag housing to adjust it if need be. I haven't been to the range yet, so I can't comment on live function, but the MagGuts follower differs in angle from the S&W follower, which may explain the few feeding malfunctions I experienced while running the slide by hand. I would be curious to hear from anyone else that has installed this product and whether they were able to fit 15 rounds and get it to function properly. Thanks!

i have magguts in my 1st gen shield 9mm works fine +2
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    i have magguts in my 1st gen shield 9mm works fine +2
    Glad to hear, but I'm specifically talking about their brand new kits for the Shield Plus, which have a new design.

(Beaver County)

Any pictures of the new design?