Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: TAKE ACTION: Tell Senator Pat Toomey to OPPOSE All Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Also the 19th for this and a multitude of other good reasons!
    This.

And it would also give the states power back in the federal government. The 17th took out an important check and balance.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Berks County)

A year or so ago, I told his minion that he should just leave right now instead of waiting 'til the next election.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Well, better late than never...

Dear Gman106,

Thank you for contacting me about national firearms policy. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like many Pennsylvanians, I have long been a supporter of the Second Amendment. Americans have an individual right to bear arms for self-protection, hunting, and recreation. During my time in the Senate, I have consistently defended Second Amendment rights. For instance, I have voted against a ban on certain semi-automatic firearms and for national concealed carry reciprocity.

That said, I also believe that firearms should be used responsibly and safely. For almost a decade, I have worked with Republicans and Democrats to advance policies to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and the dangerously mentally ill. People who use guns in an illegal manner or harm others with them should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Specific to your concerns, on June 23, 2022, the Senate passed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (S. 2938) by a vote of 65-33. Among its provisions, S. 2938 establishes an enhanced review process for buyers under the age of 21 and creates new, explicit federal offenses for criminals who traffic and/or illegally purchase firearms for prohibited persons. The measure also provides federal assistance for states to implement crisis intervention programs, such as mental health, drug, and veterans courts. While states may also use these funds to implement laws that help prevent individuals whom a court has determined to pose a significant danger to themselves or others from possessing firearms, they are not required to do so. States wishing to enact such a law are required to include adequate due process protections to be eligible for federal funding.

Additionally, the measure ensures existing federal law prohibiting an individual from possessing a firearm if he or she has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence also applies to serious dating partners. Finally, S. 2938 would provide additional federal funding for school safety resources and mental health services. On June 25, 2022, President Biden signed S. 2938 into law (P.L. 117-159).

In my view, keeping guns out of the hands of convicted criminals and the dangerously mentally ill is not gun control, but commonsense public safety measures that are fully consistent with my strong support of Second Amendment rights. The passage and enactment of S. 2938 represents a significant step forward in accomplishing these goals. It will make our communities safer while protecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Signature

Pat Toomey
    U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

Dear Gman106,

Thank you for contacting me about national firearms policy. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like many Pennsylvanians, I have long been a supporter of the Second Amendment. Americans have an individual right to bear arms for self-protection, hunting, and recreation. During my time in the Senate, I have consistently defended Second Amendment rights. For instance, I have voted against a ban on certain semi-automatic firearms and for national concealed carry reciprocity.

That said, I also believe that firearms should be used responsibly and safely. For almost a decade, I have worked with Republicans and Democrats to advance policies to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and the dangerously mentally ill. People who use guns in an illegal manner or harm others with them should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Specific to your concerns, on June 23, 2022, the Senate passed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (S. 2938) by a vote of 65-33. Among its provisions, S. 2938 establishes an enhanced review process for buyers under the age of 21 and creates new, explicit federal offenses for criminals who traffic and/or illegally purchase firearms for prohibited persons. The measure also provides federal assistance for states to implement crisis intervention programs, such as mental health, drug, and veterans courts. While states may also use these funds to implement laws that help prevent individuals whom a court has determined to pose a significant danger to themselves or others from possessing firearms, they are not required to do so. States wishing to enact such a law are required to include adequate due process protections to be eligible for federal funding.

Additionally, the measure ensures existing federal law prohibiting an individual from possessing a firearm if he or she has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence also applies to serious dating partners. Finally, S. 2938 would provide additional federal funding for school safety resources and mental health services. On June 25, 2022, President Biden signed S. 2938 into law (P.L. 117-159).

In my view, keeping guns out of the hands of convicted criminals and the dangerously mentally ill is not gun control, but commonsense public safety measures that are fully consistent with my strong support of Second Amendment rights. The passage and enactment of S. 2938 represents a significant step forward in accomplishing these goals. It will make our communities safer while protecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Signature

Pat Toomey
    I don't even bother reading his shit any more. He's a strong supporter of the 2nd blah blah blah. Convicted criminals are already not allowed to have guns. Common sense blah blah.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Lancaster County)

Dear Gman106,

Sincerely,

Signature

Pat Toomey
    same exact letter I got

(Northampton County)

Same Rino bullshit I got!

(Delaware County)

So Toomey sent a form letter response to our form letter request. Shocker!

At least there will be someone else screwing us next year.

(Centre County)

l also got the same exact letter when I wrote to him. I also specifically asked about the unconstitutional no due process red flag laws and he, of course, never said a thing about that. When asking about that, I also asked if "innocent UNTIL PROVEN guilty" had been removed from the constitution - crickets are still chirping
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Potter County)

commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense commonsense

(Delaware County)

Toomey isn't a lame duck. He's a lame fuck.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast