Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Pistol Brace Executive Order

And why wouldn't they be happy for a free tax stamp?

As much as I don't want to see the status of pistol braces changed, I will gladly take the free stamps if my options are free stamp, break the law, or alter a pistol braced firearm to be in compliance. But again, I understand not everyone wants to get into the NFA records.

I remember when pistol braces were being scrutinized as they rose in popularity, and amazingly the ATF said they were ok. I'm actually surprised it's taken them this long to bring the hammer down, when it's been such an obvious workaround of the NFA. I don't agree with the laws in place that led us to needing to use pistol braces. They certainly created this mess. I guess everyone gets to choose their own adventure now. I figured the pistol braces would be banned eventually if one was used in a high profile crime, like what happened to the bump stocks.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; September 27th, 2022 at 07:32 PM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Once you've registered with the gestapo, they own you. Now they know what you have. Next, they'll come up with a new "rule" (punishable as a felony offense of course) that will revolve around a new retroactive tax. So they sucker you into getting put on a list, next they decide it's not tax-free after all and now you're totally fucked.

Stage two is taxing boat accidents with a retroactive tax dating back to the documentable date of the boat rollover.

This would have been crackpot hypothesizing just 10-15 years ago. Now THAT is some scary shit.
    Ok I guess I'm already doomed from having been in the military, state police, and having 7 NFA tax stamps under my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    You're asking the wrong guy, because I personally don't have the time to watch dozens of YT vids from anyone with a video camera who has an axe to grind one way or the other when it comes to 2A.

I have two friends, not acquaintances, actual friends who are BATFE bureaucrats at the Firearms Technology Branch in Martinsburg, WV and they are supposed to be sending me the specifics, but apparently even they can't get the straight scoop.

In the meantime, I can't see .gov turning down $$$.

Noah
    Well they already turned down the tax at least once with their last amnesty, so I guess it's possible.

It's not like they need our tax dollars when they so freely print it whenever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah. I forgot about that aspect.
    This "amnesty" period includes a free tax stamp.

That's why some morons were all giddy, thinking they could build pistols to get a free SBR.
    The whole thing sucks back to it's origin in 1934.

Let's be honest, if they brought back machine guns, a shit ton of guys/gals would pay that shit in a heart beat probably doubling the number of fucking arm braces. That's why bump-stocks became a thing.

Let's also be honest about arm braces - they are an end around to SBRing. If anyone here personally knows a 1 armed handicap person reliant on the arm-brace I would be surprised & as most anyone knows these arm braces suck ass when used as intended. (gear works is the best I've seen) & yes I have 2 arm braces so I'm not a purist.

So give me a free tax stamp for 2 pistols that are already recorded at least via the PSP record of sale or risk ATF prosecution for unregistered SBRs. Seems like a giddy no brainer to me or I'm just a moron
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

No. You're misunderstanding me.

More or less people who don't really care if the gov restricts our rights laughing about using it as a way to benefit themselves.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I have pistols that I built.
    I will say that even if I had purchased them "whole" from a shop, complete with a paper trail showing that I owned said pistols, I would absolutely NOT jump on their offer.
    I would remove the arm brace. Done.

They aren't getting me to play their game.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    . . . Done. . .
    Me too, lad. Me too.

N.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

I just removed my pistol brace, now I'm going to disneyland.
    FJB

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Ok
    Let's also be honest about arm braces - they are an end around to SBRing. If anyone here personally knows a 1 armed handicap person reliant on the arm-brace I would be surprised & as most anyone knows these arm braces suck ass when used as intended.
    Never once used the "arm brace" as an arm brace. Since replacing it with a 5 inch buffer tube, it's actually more fun to shoot.

(Wyoming County)

I'm not throwing shade on anyone that wants to stay free of the NFA....

I figure I have between $300-400 tied up in braces & I won't even get into what I spent on a bumpstock(destroyed)

I try and send $25 per month in addition to my membership fees to GoA or FPC or some other entity fighting the good fight against the Govs.

I don't want the braces banned, but it's not hard for me to think that the Gov owes me a freebie if they are.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

I just took the stock off one of mine for shitzingiggles, to see what it looks like. It looks just as good,
    and functions the same. Just have to move the red dot up and all is good.
    Its all about cosmetics, put a sneaker on the end and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I should probably edit out the red dot part
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

I think the pistol brace registration is total BS. From what I gather it will be a free registration but if you want to add a stock you*ll still have to pay the 200.00. So will this be a new nfa classification?

I also think it*s not going to happen. Those incompetent fools can*t even get a suppressor back in a decent time frame, what would happen if millions of forms were filed for pistol braces, the wait may be 5 years.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast