Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Pistol Brace Executive Order

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Which is why I won't comply.

They do t have the authority, nor I the fucks to give.

Amen if they can base law on their opinion why can't I do the same then?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to icp4life162005 again.

(Washington County)

If millions with a pistol brace registers during an SBR amnesty, could that be used down the road as support for some sort of "common use" logic applied by a court to the NFA classification of an SBR? Just a thought. Maybe a silver lining if we added millions more to the NFA registry.

My concern is the backlog this will create in the NFA processing, and the possibility of the ATF rejecting SBR amnesty applications because the configuration isn't to their liking, based on the logic used in their pistol brace math sheet.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    If millions with a pistol brace registers during an SBR amnesty, could that be used down the road as support for some sort of "common use" logic applied by a court to the NFA classification of an SBR? Just a thought. Maybe a silver lining if we added millions more to the NFA registry.

My concern is the backlog this will create in the NFA processing, and the possibility of the ATF rejecting SBR amnesty applications because the configuration isn't to their liking, based on the logic used in their pistol brace math sheet.
    There are already millions of sbr's, they are already common use. Common use also applies for suppressors. Our legislative process has failed us. What is "down the road"? 10 years? 20? What do we do in the mean while? What atrocities will be committed by the atf while we wait?

(Bradford County)

I do not believe millions will register. I believe that this dumbass program is going to face absolutely massive non-compliance. My guess is that those registering will be those who have no other option than to shoot solely at a public range, and even then, many of those individuals will likely just stash them away somewhere and shoot other more 'acceptable' (snark intended) pieces at the range rather than register what they have with the reich.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    I do not believe millions will register. I believe that this dumbass program is going to face absolutely massive non-compliance. My guess is that those registering will be those who have no other option than to shoot solely at a public range, and even then, many of those individuals will likely just stash them away somewhere and shoot other more 'acceptable' (snark intended) pieces at the range rather than register what they have with the reich.
    I don't think it's really non-compliance, I think it will have more to do with your average gun buyer not knowing what is changing. Unless they can somehow identify and send everyone that bought a pistol braced gun a letter informing them, how can they enforce a penalty if owners don't register them as SBR's? Since there's no "registry" it's impossible for them to send notifications out to buyers.

That would be like a car manufacture having a recall but unable to send buyers of that vehicle a recall notice and hope they see it online or on the news someday and expect them to just know.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    I don't think it's really non-compliance, I think it will have more to do with your average gun buyer not knowing what is changing. Unless they can somehow identify and send everyone that bought a pistol braced gun a letter informing them, how can they enforce a penalty if owners don't register them as SBR's? Since there's no "registry" it's impossible for them to send notifications out to buyers.

That would be like a car manufacture having a recall but unable to send buyers of that vehicle a recall notice and hope they see it online or on the news someday and expect them to just know.
    Agree with your first point.
    SO many have no idea this is even happening.

Disagree with the rest. "They" are under no obligation to inform individual purchasers that the law has changed.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post

Which is exactly why I won't comply.

There is literally nothing but non-legislated opinions being enforced at gun point by a gang of armed thugs.

Anyone that commits an assault upon your life or home needs shot. Then shot again.

(Northampton County)

Only one bump stock in Conn. got turned in back when they banned those , I don't believe the majority of gun owners are going to turn them in or register them as SBR's , first of all the eflie system can't handle the increase of silencer transfers that is going on right now. There is no way it can handle the registration of 30 million plus ar pistols with braces. Sit back and wait for this one to go through the court system. If you are worried pop the brace off. don't start taking pics of your guns and filling out paperwork. Let this one play out.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Berks County)

I would expect them to conjure up some search warrants and raid some highly suspected households and use them to set an example for others. Don't forget where we are in this world today.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast