Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Default Re: Pistol Brace Executive Order

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Got ya. Does it collapse flush to the end plate? Looking at the pics between sb and maxim, the maxim used a short tube and collapsed further. I played with the sb and it would need the back cut to collase further. Kind of turns me off of that one. Think the maxim is 5 pos instead of 3 pos on the sb too.

Something in your pic looks like its a maxim brace on an SB tube*double check your length on that*if its sb then a standard carbine buffer and spring are used*maxim has proprietary. JP makes an SCS setup for maxim tube

The troy looked nice but then you have to SBR it
    Thats as far as it collapses, its a 3 position. I'll get in touch with the seller when
    it comes time to get those parts.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    We're talking about an AK pattern 12ga title 1 firearm other. Like the SPETS-12 or alternatively the Tac14, Shockwave etc..
    Tac 14, Shockwave and the like are >26" OAL with the factory bird's head grip and don't fit any other definition for a category of arm. Therefore, they are "firearms", not AOWs.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Tac 14, Shockwave and the like are >26" OAL with the factory bird's head grip and don't fit any other definition for a category of arm. Therefore, they are "firearms", not AOWs.
    Yea, I get that they aren't AOWs and why. If the Tac14 and Shockwave come with birds head grips I wouldn't really know, I was just using examples of exactly what I thought I was referencing from a quick image search but were irrelevant to my topic. Start from post 277 to read the question and the replys and you'll understand the progression of the discussion.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...68#post4712568
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Yea, I get that they aren't AOWs and why. If the Tac14 and Shockwave come with birds head grips I wouldn't really know, I was just using examples of exactly what I thought I was referencing from a quick image search but were irrelevant to my topic. Start from post 277 to read the question and the replys and you'll understand the progression of the discussion.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...68#post4712568
    Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    where do these braces stand for smoothbore items like the komrad? all i keep hearing about is ar pistols and pistol carbines.
    Looks like you'll have to add about 3" to a konrad to stay legal. I'd be looking for a muzzle break myself

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Thats as far as it collapses, its a 3 position. I'll get in touch with the seller when
    it comes time to get those parts.
    :thumbsup:

Now to confuse you even more the maxim is an SB And the SB is a Maxim. The SB pdw brace was designed in conjunction with Maxim. The change is in that buffer tube and the logo stamped on the back of the brace. I suspect the GB seller listed the SB as a Maxim or cobbled both together to make one kit (maxim brace with sb tube and “end plate” assembly) from two.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    :thumbsup:

Now to confuse you even more the maxim is an SB And the SB is a Maxim. The SB pdw brace was designed in conjunction with Maxim. The change is in that buffer tube and the logo stamped on the back of the brace. I suspect the GB seller listed the SB as a Maxim or cobbled both together to make one kit (maxim brace with sb tube and *end plate* assembly) from two.
    I have no idea. It says maxim on the back of the brace. I think the guy had 160 braces.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Looks like you'll have to add about 3" to a konrad to stay legal. I'd be looking for a muzzle break myself
    conveniently Kalashnikov USA makes a muzzle brake for it that is 3"

I was in at the Sportsman Warehouse this weekend and they must be getting ready for the upcoming changes. All the AR Pistols there had the generic ones that look like an extended buffer tube.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    I was in at the Sportsman Warehouse this weekend and they must be getting ready for the upcoming changes. All the AR Pistols there had the generic ones that look like an extended buffer tube.
    its a smart move until lawsuits solve this issue. why would you wanna sit on something like that as a business.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    conveniently Kalashnikov USA makes a muzzle brake for it that is 3"
    I believe that would have to be permanently attached.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast