Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pistol Brace Executive Order

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Victim blaming, are we?
    I was thinking the same thing. Why blame the video maker Its not like it was illegal to shoulder a brace, or use a bump stock.
    FJB

(Bradford County)

No of course it's not technically illegal. But given the times in which we live, it's poking the bear. And that's fine too - it's always great to push the envelope until someone needs to come up with the money for legal fees.

I feel pretty confident that all this brace rule bullshit could be trashed if deep pockets decided to fight it. But I know I don't have those deep pockets and probably most of us don't. Meanwhile I don't see any organizations taking this on at the moment. So that's where we are right now.

You can accuse me of victim blaming or whatever you want, but i pretty much think most youtube videos are stupid and made by narcissists who want people to "look at me! look at me!" Well, people looked at them. The wrong people. The same wrong people who are probably reading everything we write here.

I'm not going to be argumentative. If I'm offending you, sorry about that. But I thijk what i think and you can think what you think.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    No of course it's not technically illegal. But given the times in which we live, it's poking the bear. And that's fine too - it's always great to push the envelope until someone needs to come up with the money for legal fees.

I feel pretty confident that all this brace rule bullshit could be trashed if deep pockets decided to fight it. But I know I don't have those deep pockets and probably most of us don't. Meanwhile I don't see any organizations taking this on at the moment. So that's where we are right now.

You can accuse me of victim blaming or whatever you want, but i pretty much think most youtube videos are stupid and made by narcissists who want people to "look at me! look at me!" Well, people looked at them. The wrong people. The same wrong people who are probably reading everything we write here.

I'm not going to be argumentative. If I'm offending you, sorry about that. But I thijk what i think and you can think what you think.
    My guess is either deep pockets know they can't win because we all know that braces are just to circumvent sbr tax/stamp/wait times, or this is unlikely to make any headway, so unless this actually gets some teeth, and we have ground to stand on, deep pockets sits in a dark corner. They know, for sure. There just isn't anything to act on yet.

(Allegheny County)

Shouldering braces... It was legal before it was illegal which was before it was legal again, which proceeded it being "sort of" legal.

Try and keep up.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post

My guess is either deep pockets know they can't win because we all know that braces are just to circumvent sbr tax/stamp/wait times, or this is unlikely to make any headway, so unless this actually gets some teeth, and we have ground to stand on, deep pockets sits in a dark corner. They know, for sure. There just isn't anything to act on yet.

(Berks County)

I want to hear how a brace makes a pistol more dangerous to the public. And extra points for a real life example of how it has happened.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Suppose one does that and they get a Brace stamp. What happens when they want to sell it? Is it going to be a $200.00 tax stamp for the transfer? Who is going to want it? If someone is going to pay that amount might as well get the real thing.
    NFA is NFA.

I think braces themselves may become classified as NFA. ATF will say they have only one purpose: SBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I want to hear how a brace makes a pistol more dangerous to the public. And extra points for a real life example of how it has happened.
    Stop with the logic. That has no place in their argument.

And remember how lack of bayonet lugs and pistol grips drastically reduced shootings and stabbings?

(Bradford County)

It's not more dangerous to the public, it's more dangerous to the complete douchebags that populate all of our bureaucracies and get paid a lot more than I to invent all these stupid rules out of thin air. It's dangerous to them because they find the idea of an armed populace threatening, and they find the concept of freedom threatening. they also probably feel threatened and affronted when someone has the ingenuity to work around their dumbass rules.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Come on man... You've seen all those movies of the gangsters rolling in on their 1934 Ford Deluxe Sedans, opening their overcoats and pulling out a sawed-off and spraying the coppers..

If it hangs out below your overcoat, you're good-to-go...
    SigGendered

(Bucks County)

bailout the working class not the freeloading class

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast