Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: MO Sheriff's Deputy accused of killing neighbor's dog with pellet gun

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Hard to believe they could take down a deer.
    You can get .50cal and bigger pellet guns...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: MO Sheriff's Deputy accused of killing neighbor's dog with pellet gun

An example:

Umarex Hammer* is achieved by its proprietary, patent-pending, Lightspeed*valve. The innovative engineering used to design this internal mechanism coupled with a .50 caliber, 550 grain lead slug is responsible for the generation of its 705 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle. Almost as impressive, it only takes two pounds of effort to operate its straight-pull bolt. This short, effortless, two-inch action is all it takes to cock the rifle and advance the magazine.

Umarex USA*s engineers produced multiple prototypes of various mechanisms for the Hammer during nearly a two-year process that has resulted in the most innovative production big bore hunting air rifle. The soul of the Umarex Hammer is powered by our most essential element*air. 4,500 pounds per square inch of compressed air fill its on-board carbon fiber cylinder to a capacity of 24 cubic inches. The Hammer*s Lightspeed* valve, coupled with a precision regulator instantly pulses a measure of air compressed to 3,000 psi, behind the projectile. This innovative patent-pending system efficiently propels a .50 caliber 550 grain lead slug at a muzzle velocity of 760 feet per second and a 250 grain slug at over 1,000 feet per second.

The article describes the dog having been shot in the lungs with a pellet. Doesn't sound like the above described slugs.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Chester County)

Dog owners are required to maintain control over their dogs. Letting a dog run loose causes these kind of situations. If you want to exercise your dog walk them on a leash and if you want your dog to stay in your yard put up a fence or use a dog run. I'm not defending a guy who shoots dogs with pellet a gun but the family must assume some responsibility for letting their dog run free and able to get into a neighbor's yard. Dog owners are responsible for their dogs.
    Last edited by JenniferG; May 29th, 2022 at 03:50 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

About 25 years ago, I spent a week in the blistering summer heat out in my yard with the roto-tiller and York Rake on my 3 pt hitch on my tractor. I turned the soil, dragged the dirt, rinse and repeat. I made a swale so my yard would drain. I planted grass seed, rolled it with a roller at and all. After I planted the grass seed, my neighbor three doors down's chickens came over eating my grass seed. I grabbed my Benjamin pellet gun and gave one a sting. It was unintentional but I knew as soon as I shot, that the gun was pumped up pretty good and that the bird would die. I called the neighbor and explained and apologized. A couple of days later, we got a redo and she called me screaming because her chickens were getting shot. That was the last time her chickens came into my yard eating my grass seed.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Dog owners are required to maintain control over their dogs. Letting a dog run loose causes these kind of situations. If you want to exercise your dog walk them on a leash and if you want your dog to stay in your yard put up a fence or use a dog run. I'm not defending a guy who shoots dogs with pellet a gun but the family must assume some responsibility for letting their dog run free and able to get into a neighbor's yard. Dog owners are responsible for their dogs.
    All of my neighbors love my attack dog.

Whenever I can't find him he's usually inside one of their homes saying hi to everyone... and getting fed milk-bones.

11DA128C-EE9B-414D-A195-E57B041660F4.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123