Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh loses PreEmption appeal over assult weapons ban, mag limits, red flags

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I understand your anger and frustration, but it worked out as it should have. They pushed to create a law that violated an existing law. The court put it down.

Other people who attempt to break the law also go before a court. It seems the system/process worked here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    But it's our tax dollars fighting against our donated dollars and there's nothing to stop them from trying again. They
    have an endless supply of dollars (ours) to make these unconstitutional "laws" and no penalty for them in doing so...
    Yeah, if they had to repay our tax dollars I'd be OK with that but since there is no penalty, there is no deterrent.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh loses PreEmption appeal over assult weapons ban, mag limits, red flags

Maybe an attorney could file regarding malfeasance with (I believe) the potential of loss of office?

Having our taxpayer's dollars in their back pockets needs addressing. Punishment for deliberate disregard of law needs a more equitable application.

I have written before, I am no longer willing to finance the inevitable continuous skirmishes while the larger invasion remains virtually untouched. That is, violations of the 2nd amendment that have come to be a standard, and violations of our commonwealth's constitution.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    But it's our tax dollars fighting against our donated dollars and there's nothing to stop them from trying again. They
    have an endless supply of dollars (ours) to make these unconstitutional "laws" and no penalty for them in doing so...
    Of all of the things that my tax dollars go to fund, overruling unlawful legislation is not one that I will complain about. That is the checks and balances system working as it was designed to work. And I'm OK with that.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Of all of the things that my tax dollars go to fund, overruling unlawful legislation is not one that I will complain about. That is the checks and balances system working as it was designed to work. And I'm OK with that.
    The grief is that they piss the money away passing unlawful legislation to begin with. Resulting in our money being spent on both ends by us, the taxpayers.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Wayne County)

That the money could have went to fixing the bridges in Shitsburg.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The grief is that they piss the money away passing unlawful legislation to begin with. Resulting in our money being spent on both ends by us, the taxpayers.
    This.

The state law says "local jurisdictions cannot do a specific thing"

Local jurisdiction says "We are going to do thst exact specific thing"

State says "No. You aren't."

Local says "What?! Why!? This is totally news to us!"

How is this any different than a burglar saying "Well I know breaking into houses is explocitly against the law.... but I'm doing to do it anyway and see what happens"

(Bucks County)

They passed LTCF law and requirements, then charged us money for the "service". Got away with that, so of course they'll keep trying other crap.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12