Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: 9MM Pocket Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by nra-life-member View Post
    Rohrbaugh R9

Sold business to Remington but if you can find a 9mm you will be happy with it.

Attachment 158395
    I didn’t hear that Rorbaugh sold to Remington
    Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I didn*t hear that Rorbaugh sold to Remington
    They did, many years ago. Remington introduced the RM380 in .380 ACP based on the Rorbaugh. It's a fantastic gun. Somehow Remington didn't manage to ruin it like they did with the R51. I got one back when there was massive rebate going and my out of pocket was $100. I've put a thousand rounds through my RM380 and have had zero problems. Not a single effing one. And it doesn't show signs of beating itself to death like the R9 used to do. My only real complaint is the trigger is long and breaks at the end of travel. Nothing that can be done about that. Galloway Precision tried and it didn't work out. Doesn't effect its shootability if you're used to it. I can still put every round where I want it to go, at self defense distances, shooting rapid fire.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Old "Tried and True" KelTec P-11, but using a magazine without the pinky-hook for pocket carry, In a custom pocket holster made for me by the local harness-repair guy out of a softer grade of leather. If it prints at all, it just looks like a fat wallet. Looser trousers make it disappear. The current Sccy is about equivalent to the P-11.

Or a P3AT in a little hoster-shaped pocket sewn to the inside of the pocket itself.
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Lancaster County)

I had an LC9s and didn't like the trigger. The actual trigger itself, not how it operated the gun. The trigger safety flippydo thing sticks out too far and getting my finger in there and in position was often a problem when done quickly. So that went away. Then came the P365. I found the grip to be way too curved for my palms and under quick firing, I tended to drop my shots too low to be comfortable using it for self defense. So then came the P238 and P938. I shoot them accurately and they are easy for me to grab and fire. So that's where I'm at currently. The Sprinfield Hellcat holds some appeal to me, as does the Mossberg MC2SC as well. If I can get some trigger time with those, I may end up with one of them. Who knows. For now, it's the 238 and 938 doing summertime duty. In the winter I usually have an old Beretta 84 or CZ 82 in a coat pocket.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Old "Tried and True" KelTec P-11, but using a magazine without the pinky-hook for pocket carry, In a custom pocket holster made for me by the local harness-repair guy out of a softer grade of leather. If it prints at all, it just looks like a fat wallet. Looser trousers make it disappear. The current Sccy is about equivalent to the P-11.

Or a P3AT in a little hoster-shaped pocket sewn to the inside of the pocket itself.
    My P11 travels in my work bag. I put a belt clip on it.
    AR accessories - Barbie for men

(Bucks County)

I'm a bit late to respond...

I have been carrying a P365 in a vedder pocket holster. It definitely helps prevent snags but you do need a fairly deep pocket. I also never wear jeans.

It is very small. But very easily managed with recoil.

I had a s&w CSX and hated it. See my review on Midway about it (it is the one with the slide bite picture).

If the P365 is not your speed, i picked up a P290RS the same day i got my first P365 (yep, i liked it enough to buy a second one). Due to the bad reputation the non RS models got, these can be picked up pretty cheap (especially for a SIG).

The P290RS is a single stack DAO 9mm with 6, 8, or 10 round magazines. With the 6, it is smaller than a P365 but slightly wider. The trigger guard isn't undercut though so i can just barely get my pinky on the frame. The trigger pull is heavy and long. The reset is also very long. The takedown is a complete pain. But... It is very manageable with recoil and if you know how to shoot a DAO gun, it is very accurate.

Magazine availability for the P290 is also bad. Mine came with a factory 8 round magazine. I bought a 6 round promag that works just fine (as in I'd actually trust it).

Having both, I'd take the P365 all day long. It is just a better gun.

-Zach

(Allegheny County)

My one and only pocket 9 is still the Kahr PM9.

The only other equil in my book is the is the Ruger LCP-MAX.

But that is another animal being a hi-cap 380

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    Currently carry a Ruger LCP in 380 ACP. Would like to upgrade to 9MM. Looking for recommendations on 9 MM Pocket pistols
    I went with a 38 snubbie. Maybe you never considered that alternative?

(Lancaster County)

I have been trying to find a 9mm replacement for my LCP, but nothing in 9mm is a true pocket pistol. I wear jeans during fall & winter. I'm planning on grabbing an LCP Max when a used deal comes up. Maybe one day someone will make a 9mm pistol in comparable size

(Allegheny County)

When pocket carrying wearing Dokkers or Dickies style work pants. The Kahr PM9 and CW9 are very close in size/ feal to the LCP Max.

My S&W 342TI is a very close runner up but bulges out just a touch. I've been pocket carrying J-frame centennials for years with no issues.
    342 and 642. All no-locks of course.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast