Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default NFA Transfer Filing Question

I bought a suppressor through Capital Armory and they’re asking me If I want to either

-file electronically via ATF e-forms
    -file via paper.

Here’s their explanation of the 2:

“Step 7: Filing Method

Paper filing is the easiest method to file your Form 4 and allows all filing types, including individual transfers. With paper filing, all you will have to do is sign your forms digitally and wait for the ATF approval. Paper filing is also the only way to receive your approved Form 4 with an original tax stamp (electronic filing only offers a digital copy.)

While electronic filing will reduce the time and effort required by the ATF to review and process a Form 4, additional steps are required by the transferee in comparison to paper filing. Electronic filing is a joint effort between Capitol Armory and the transferee as these additional steps require two-party authentication within the ATF eForms website. Electronic filing is not mandatory and we only recommend it to those who are patient and don’t mind performing additional steps remotely to complete the submission process. We do not recommend electronic filing for those who have difficulties with computers or who do not frequently check email.

Electronic filing is only available to those transferring into a trust, corporation, or other legal entity as those transfers can be certified remotely by the transferee. We do not offer electronic filing for individual transfers because the ATF requires the transferee to be physically present at our location while the Form 4 is being prepared and certified.

If you do not have a trust yet, we offer a 50-state legal trust that allows the transfer of unlimited NFA items and will protect your investment for future generations. For more information or to purchase a Trust, click here.

What method of filing would you like to use for your ATF paperwork? *
    File via paper
    File electronically via ATF eForms“
    Last edited by bravo30; May 22nd, 2022 at 09:28 PM.

Default Re: NFA Transfer Filing Question

From reading the atf website directly:

Form 4, Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm

Filed by a qualified federal firearms licensee to transfer to an individual or other entity (non-licensee)

Seems like your FFL is full of crap

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    From reading the atf website directly:

Form 4, Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm

Filed by a qualified federal firearms licensee to transfer to an individual or other entity (non-licensee)

Seems like your FFL is full of crap
    I was thinking the same thing. I pay the money, send them my finger print card and then they handle the rest.

(Lackawanna County)

Efile it. Don’t wait on paper.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Efile it. Don*t wait on paper.
    This

It pisses me off that I am still waiting on approval for my last one since Oct. before the E-file was really in swing and somehow people are jumping in line for approval while I sit here are wait still for mine. E-file it, they are making it sound like it's harder than it is , the only problem arises is one if you do not fill out the paperwork properly ( you have to start the process all over and you won't know till it's declined.) or if you are doing it through a trust as that takes more time to do in the E-file system.

I'm almost tempted to go buy yet another one and e-file it just so I can see if it comes before the one that's still sitting in jail right now. Although I barely get out to shoot what I have anyway due to the price I have to pay to replenish the ammo I used , and at this point my goal is more towards more quality training than ooooh I got another suppressor.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks fellas. E-file it is!

(Lehigh County)

Still waiting on a paper filed transfer from September 2021. Go efile

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Still waiting on a paper filed transfer from September 2021. Go efile
    Wtf!

They won’t let me file electronically.

(Philadelphia County)

Looks like they have something in Pa so I’ll look into that. If not, I’m going to process a return.

https://www.capitolarmory.com/suppor...or-online.html

HOW DO WE HANDLE THE ENTIRE FILING PROCESS?

Capitol Armory is an established FFL and has been operating in Texas since 2008. Recently, we expanded into additional states, which allows us to control the entire process from purchase to delivery. If we have a location in your state, we can sell you the silencer/NFA item, process your electronic Form 4 via eForms, and deliver the NFA item directly to your residence upon ATF approval. There are no middlemen or other FFLs involved, which means no transfer fees and a reduction in your wait time for approval! With Capitol Armory, you have us as your sole point of contact for our expertise, professional support, and knowledge of the industry. Our proprietary software streamlines the NFA filing process and allows us to submit your electronic Form 4 quickly and accurately.

If you are a customer in Texas, Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia or Washington, we have you covered from beginning to end. For all other states, don’t worry, we have FFLs pending and will be able to handle the entire process shortly.

If we are not yet in your state, we can hold off processing your order until our FFL is established, or we are happy to transfer it now to a local dealer of your choice. Simply select one from our list of thousands and we will e-file the transfer paperwork.

(Philadelphia County)

Ok, I just talked to them on the phone. They’re saying they can’t do an efile unless I live in Texas. They also said that I should file as a trust. If I don’t file as a trust, technically nobody could live the same home as me or have access to it. Wtf?

They also have a 10% restocking fee for returns. I’ll real close to just returning it and starting over with somebody local.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast