Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: NFA Transfer Filing Question

Ok I’m done with capital armory. I spent a lot of time the past few days researching trusts and lining up a local FFL to have the suppressor transferred. Today I called capital armory to have the suppressor transferred and the guy says to me

Guy: Why do you want to do that
    Me: because I want to efile and you told me it had to be done in person
    Guy: we’ll that’s going to cost you more money most places charge $125 for the transfer

More back and forth until I finally said look I’m done with you guys and would like a return but don’t agree with the 10% restocking fee. He put me on hold and came back saying the boss said NO to waiving the fee. I’m now in the process of doing a charge back through my credit card. Nowhere on their website does it say that you need a trust to efile as an individual. The only mention of trust is as follows bellow and it’s in reference to paper. Nowhere does it say an out of state individual needs to set up a trust in order to efile.

“ Electronic Form 4 Submission
    December 6, 2021
    The Updates

With the recent release of the eForms revision, there's been a lot of questions about how Capitol Armory will handle your Form 4s. We are exclusively e-filing unless paper is specifically requested for trusts. Due to the ATF's regulations we are unable to file electronically for individuals.

(Philadelphia County)

You're better off going to a local FFL that stocks suppressors and can do the E-File in house. Both Bunker Gun Shop locations in Bucks County are set up for that. Simple process, takes about 30 minutes if the ATF system is working correctly.

Alternatively, you can use a shop with a Silencer Shop kiosk like Classic Pistol or Target World. Again, simple process, but possibly a slightly longer wait time as there are more layers/steps to go through with the SS kiosk.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo30 View Post
    Nowhere does it say an out of state individual needs to set up a trust in order to efile.

“ Electronic Form 4 Submission
    December 6, 2021
    The Updates

With the recent release of the eForms revision, there's been a lot of questions about how Capitol Armory will handle your Form 4s. We are exclusively e-filing unless paper is specifically requested for trusts. Due to the ATF's regulations we are unable to file electronically for individuals.
    No offense OP, but I'm pretty sure the part of their website you quoted says exactly that. See the bolded section.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    No offense OP, but I'm pretty sure the part of their website you quoted says exactly that. See the bolded section.
    I know that’s there. Wonder why they put that under the blog tab and not under “purchasing made easy” and they do efile for individuals…after your purchase a trust from them.
    Do you think it was an accident that they have no mention of individuals needing a trust to efile anywhere on their website? That’s a pretty important piece of information to leave out don’t you think? They know what they’re doing.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    No offense OP, but I'm pretty sure the part of their website you quoted says exactly that. See the bolded section

“Due to the ATF's regulations we are unable to file electronically for individuals.“.
    even that statement is incorrect. They can efile individuals if you live in Texas they just can’t do it for out of state people unless you set up a trust. This is my entire issue with them, their website is vague and misleading and the only piece of formation Pertaining to efiling for Individuals is WRONG.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123