Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Magneeto speed chronograph

I have the "upside-down" Caldwell. Phone app works great via Bluetooth. Once in a while it registers error (fails to record the bullet passing). I found turning the lights on no matter the ambient seems to eliminate that.

If the MagnetoSpeed crawls, can you add a stop behind it giving it something to stop against?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I

If the MagnetoSpeed crawls, can you add a stop behind it giving it something to stop against?
    I'm thinking about that or another securing method.

I don't believe barrel temp should be an issue. I try to allow the barrel to get down to a warm feel.

I'm thinking a clamp of some kind similar to the saddle of those piercing valves for icemakers with a rubber,/ plastic insert. Or spend the 6 to 800 bucks for the Labradar.
    The creep of the pickup unit isn't that much and with diligence on.my part to snug it or replace its position every x # of shots isn't that difficult to do.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Tioga County)

I have the Magnetospeed and it works great. Also got a Comp Electronics chrono, also does well.

Had a Caldwell for a long time until it fell apart but worked decent enough to get me going.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I have the Magnetospeed and it works great. Also got a Comp Electronics chrono, also does well.

Had a Caldwell for a long time until it fell apart but worked decent enough to get me going.
    I didn't like my Caldwell so I shot it. I got a replacement and it sits in the basement unopened.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post

One thing I did not notice is that with my 3 magnum rifles, a combination of barrel taper and heavy recoil causes the device to move toward the muzzle after many shots.
    I didn't get the sporter model, and mine came with a pair of "red" spacers that are tapered, to counter the taper of hunting rifles, etc.. I've never had a problem with chrono creep..
    SigGendered

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12