Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Senate Democrats propose DOJ license requirement for gun purchases

A trio of senators plan to introduce legislation on Thursday that will require residents to acquire a Department of Justice (DOJ) license before purchasing or obtaining a legal firearm.

The bill would also raise the legal age for obtaining a firearm to 21 years old.

The bill was introduced by Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.).

It has virtually no chance of becoming law given GOP opposition, but gives a sense of the breadth of restrictions on gun access that some lawmakers would favor imposing in the wake of years of mass shootings in the nation.

On Saturday, 10 people were killed at a Buffalo supermarket in a predominantly Black neighborhood by a lone gunman who released a racist screed before the attack that suggested he had targeted African Americans.

According to the bill text, the Federal Firearm Licensing Act will require residents to complete a written firearm safety test and hands-on testing, which includes firing testing, to get the license to acquire a firearm.

The license will also require those wanting to buy a gun to submit a criminal background check, fingerprints, and proof of identity.

https://thehill.com/news/senate/3494...gun-purchases/

I thought requiring ID to exercise a right was *racist.*
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Senate Democrats propose DOJ license requirement for gun purchases

Constitution motherfuckers.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Isn't that constitutionally illegal? I know they wipe their ass with it.
    FJB

They can suck it.

(Montgomery County)

Just obtain an illegal firearm then. Problem solved.

(Bradford County)

Anything with "Blumenthal" attached is a giant piece of flaming excrement. We all know that by now, right? He is a walking, talking douchebag.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Anything with "Blumenthal" attached is a giant piece of flaming excrement. We all know that by now, right? He is a walking, talking douchebag.
    Menendez has been a corrupt, anti-gun, pedo POS for decades, and I'm pretty sure Booker is running on the same OS version as AOC.

They make a perfect sociopathic trio.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Menendez has been a corrupt, anti-gun, pedo POS for decades, and I'm pretty sure Booker is running on the same OS version as AOC.

They make a perfect sociopathic trio.
    Oh, no argument here. Absolutely true. But the human excessively-utilized maxi pad that is Blumenthal just gets my blood pressure up for some reason. Frankly, equating him with a douche is actually too magnanimous for him and cast a useful feminine product in a bad light...
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    They can suck it.
    They mayest ingest a large satchel of Richards

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    According to the bill text, the Federal Firearm Licensing Act will require residents to complete a written firearm safety test and hands-on testing, which includes firing testing, to get the license to acquire a firearm.
    Actually, these two requirements would probably eliminate 50% of applicants.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast