Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Thumbs down Re: PAFOA members who are not NRA members

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Just because the source has their own agenda, doesn't make their verifiable facts any less accurate.
    Verifiable? What, I guess you can't edit a PDF? I can edit any doc and put it online, it doesn't mean that its accurate, it means that it is out there for folks to swear by.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Chester County)

Default Re: PAFOA members who are not NRA members

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Verifiable? What, I guess you can't edit a PDF? I can edit any doc and put it online, it doesn't mean that its accurate, it means that it is out there for folks to swear by.
    Agreed, but do you know of evidence offered to the contrary?

If it's wrong, it's wrong. Lets prove it, if it is. I don't doubt that he's pulling in a hefty pay-check....but I have no problem being proved wrong.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Agreed, but do you know of evidence offered to the contrary?

If it's wrong, it's wrong. Lets prove it, if it is. I don't doubt that he's pulling in a hefty pay-check....but I have no problem being proved wrong.
    That's good to know, I'm glad that you have no doubt that he is pulling in a hefty check. However his salary is between himself and his employer and is not, and should not be, subject to public speculation. How about we get someone to grab one of your 1040s and modify it then post it on the web or just post it on the web as is, that is the same theory that you are proposing. I'll tell you right now that if anyone did that to me, right, wrong or indifferent, there would be hell to pay.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: PAFOA members who are not NRA members

Let me add to my earlier post - and in awe of Defender's enthusiasm; if the NRA had HALF the enthusiasm for the CAUSE, as Defender does for the NRA, I'd become an Endowment member tomorrow!

I do NOT consider myself GOA, to the exclusion of the NRA, but I put my effort where it seems most appreciated! That is a natural human tendency, and maybe the appreciation of their members, is the thing the NRA seems most lacking these days. It leads to a loss of contact WITH them, & with what's REALLY important to the people who ARE your base.

I don't think myself "opposing" the NRA - simply fighting the good fight, with a different (and I think better) tactic. The ultimate goal remains - We The People WIN!

Bob

(Berks County)

Here is some interesting reading from charity watch. http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html#gun Their ONLY top rated gun charity, pro and con, as far as dollar spend is the NRA. Lots of good information on this site and it covers much more than just firearms related issue.

(Allegheny County)

That's good to know, I'm glad that you have no doubt that he is pulling in a hefty check. However his salary is between himself and his employer and is not, and should not be, subject to public speculation. How about we get someone to grab one of your 1040s and modify it then post it on the web or just post it on the web as is, that is the same theory that you are proposing. I'll tell you right now that if anyone did that to me, right, wrong or indifferent, there would be hell to pay.
    i don't think synergy is asking people to donate money to the organization that pays his salary.

as a contributing NRA member, i definitely want to know how my money is being spent.

i have the same issues with the NRA that synergy does. they compromise too much, imho. that last AWB being a prime example. i almost swore off ever renewing my membership again when they first tried to quash the whole DC v. Parker (which became DC v. Heller) case. that was absurd...and really, really close to the last straw for me.

i do still reluctantly renew my NRA membership each year because i do think we are better off with them than without them (as they do have a lot of clout).

however, i still greatly prefer GOA and, better still, JPFO to the NRA on a national level. GOA and JPFO typically stand for all gun rights (JPFO absolutely stands for all gun rights...as well as all other BOR guaranteed rights) whereas the NRA stands for protecting selected gun rights while compromising away other gun rights.

gun owners would unquestionably be better off if the GOA or JPFO has the clout of the NRA (which could happen if everyone who is a member of the NRA became a member of one of those organization).

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    gun owners would unquestionably be better off if the GOA or JPFO has the clout of the NRA (which could happen if everyone who is a member of the NRA became a member of one of those organization).
    While what you say may be true, neither of those organizations will ever have the clout that the NRA does and it has nothing to do with membership. They are both considered to be too volitile on the hill and the members of both houses are not willing to even listen when their reps are on the hill. Should the NRA be more proactive, without a doubt. That doesn't mean that any other group could do a better job.

(Bedford County)

good point you can have all the enthusiasm and money in the world. if nobody is listening it doesnt help.

(Allegheny County)

While what you say may be true, neither of those organizations will ever have the clout that the NRA does and it has nothing to do with membership. They are both considered to be too volitile on the hill and the members of both houses are not willing to even listen when their reps are on the hill. Should the NRA be more proactive, without a doubt. That doesn't mean that any other group could do a better job.
    i disagree.

if the GOA or JPFO had the membership and financial backing of the NRA, they would be considered mainstream,and the hill would listen to them. the hill doesn't have to listen to GOA or JPFO reps precisely because they do not have sufficient membership or financial backing.

whether or not it is realistic to ever expect to get to that point without compromising is another issue, though...

but it could be realistic if all gun owners actually cared about all gun rights.

(Philadelphia County)

I would have to wonder about anyone who posts a link to a site that is DEVOUTLY anti. Here is the gun guys homepage http://gunguys.com/ and interestingly enough right at the top is an ad for stopgundeaths.org. We go to the bottom of the page and find out that the site is a project of the freedom states alliance. End of game troll, good bye!

Wonder all you want. His salary was a well reported fact several years ago and I grabbed the first link that came up. Here is are the same numbers from the undoubtedly communist Dallas News:
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.376912f.html

I'm thankful for their youth programs and promotion of shooting sports but they are first and foremost an industry lobbying group, not gun rights.
    1968 Gun Control Act, 1986 NFA Ban, import restrictions of 1989, 1994 AWB, where was the NRA? I guess you could say they were helpful in the Gingrich 'revolution' which scared people from re-upping the AWB.

Still, I think "Non-Profit" should mean something and I have stopped giving charity to other entities with exorbitant executive pay. When I get flown around my own jet and get paid $900,000 a year maybe I'll feel differently.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast