Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Small pistol primers

And when you master screw ups, you can step up to a RCBS collet puller
    SigGendered

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    And when you master screw ups, you can step up to a RCBS collet puller
    Collet pullers are small time. My first order of reloading .338 was getting a shell stuck. Being an elderly guy who has always worked on his own stuff, I'm pretty experienced at getting stuck stuff apart but that gave me a run for the money. I never would haver imagined that a soft metal could get stuck like that. After destroying the rim, I was able to unscrew the bell and get the pin out. Then I put it in my hydraulic press and got 'er done. I didn't watch to see how much pressure it took but it did clunk pretty good when it finally let go and the bell survived the operation OK. Is it always possible to get that bell to unscrew like that or did I just get lucky? And I saw a trick to use the head of a tube flaring kit to hold a bullet head instead of a collet and it didn't look like it left too much of a mark on the projectile.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

To reload for the Webley Mk 4, I use 0.361 diameter 200 grain lead heads. This is the original load and should give you ~650 fps. The British had to change to a 178 grain copper coated bullet due to arguments about infringing various international treaties. I have had no problems with the S&W equivalents supplied in the 1940-41time frame or the later "Victory" models. Postwar S&W supplied these to Hing Kong police and a few other Empire / Commonwealth army and police forces as the Model 11 when numbering started in the middle 1950s. Dave_n

(Allegheny County)

I run a Dillon 650. I had some Winchester large pistol primers I was using for .45 ACP. They kept jamming the pick up tubes. When I called Dillon for replacements, they basically told me Winchester primers were causing problems across the board.

These days, I would trade my wife's oldest child for some small pistol primers of any manufacturer...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123