Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Mossberg 190 16ga

Think there's any interest in a pretty good condition Mossberg 190 bolt action 16 ga with a C-LECT-Choke? They were made 1955-1958. It's 2 3/4" shells only. A lady found it at her 88 year old mom's place (cleaning up the place, mom is moving to assisted living). It's in pretty good condition, there's a bit of surface rust where the barrel contacts the stock (I'll clean it before she sells it) but nothing else really wrong, bluing is actually pretty good. It is missing the 2 round magazine (replacements available on both Gunbroker and Numrich about $40 each).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Mossberg 190 16ga

I love a 16 guage personally , my first gun at age 12 was a 16 guage stevens single . Paid for by me with yard mowing money and I still have it . !6s and 410s have a following !

(Northumberland County)

I mean, there's interest in anything for the right price. Less the magazine though, obviously less so. Depending on intent/price, it could be worth buying a mag just to sell it easier.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    I mean, there's interest in anything for the right price. Less the magazine though, obviously less so. Depending on intent/price, it could be worth buying a mag just to sell it easier.
    Agree with you there and I am going to get a magazine, finish cleaning it up and put it up for sale. It's actually in pretty good condition for it age.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Agree with you there and I am going to get a magazine, finish cleaning it up and put it up for sale. It's actually in pretty good condition for it age.
    My dad has one. Actually two, he's got a 20 ga as well. They're nice light fun guns to shoot and hunt with.

For some reason with the 16 ga, I can dust cay pigeons about 15 feet out of the traphouse, and that's with the C-lect-choke screwed all the way full. It must be the gold bead sight.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Clearfield County)

You might be able to get $125 for it, though that would be the absolute top end of value

(Jefferson County)

I used to own one of those Mossberg 190 16ga with that adjustable choke. Used it at turkey shoots for 10-15yrs, then sold it. ...wish I kept it. It put a lot of turkeys, sides of bacon, and steaks in the freezer from those shoots. I know the Sigel Sportsmans Club threatened to ban me(or the gun) if I kept showing up with it. lol

Hell, I cant even remember when I sold it or to whom. I know I got it around '94-'95, and I think I sold it before 2007.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Clarion County)

Have a Revelation bolt 16 ga. that was built by Mossberg for Western Auto. Circa mid 60's.
    My first small game shotgun as a kid.
    Cut the barrel to about 22" and put a polychoke on it.
    Think the Mossberg model # was 490.
    It lived in my pickups and on tractors and now resides in the garage.
    Couldn't guess at all the work its done over the years.
    Solid and dependable, been worked hard and put away wet.
    Only replacement part was bending a spring for a magazine.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.