Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Good Supressor shop

The Silencer Shop kiosk makes the process easy, but can ultimately add to the wait time. I think after you buy the can online, it has to be Form 3'd and sent to the LGS by SS, then it can be Form 4'd by the buyer and that's when the clock actually starts.

Your best bet is using an LGS that has the suppressors in stock for sale and can handle everything in house. I've never been to Pete's, but if he has the suppressors in stock, then you'd probably have a shorter wait and better experience than a kiosk retailer.

The new E-File system was forecasted by the ATF to have 90 day or less wait times, but after hearing that, a ton of people jumped and bought cans. Now, the system seems to be getting overloaded and wait times are increasing. I know folks who got their approvals in less than 70 days and others are at 100+ days and still waiting. It's still better than 12-15 months wait you'd have with a paper Form-4. I'm looking to get a Dead air Mask 22 and another 9mm can soon. My last 2 cans took 13 months with paper forms, so pretty much anything is an improvement over that.

Both Bunker locations have an E-File system and suppressors in stock. Their system isn't a SS kiosk, it's another vendor. I'd give Pete's or Bunker a visit.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    The Silencer Shop kiosk makes the process easy, but can ultimately add to the wait time. I think after you buy the can online, it has to be Form 3'd and sent to the LGS by SS, then it can be Form 4'd by the buyer and that's when the clock actually starts.

Your best bet is using an LGS that has the suppressors in stock for sale and can handle everything in house. I've never been to Pete's, but if he has the suppressors in stock, then you'd probably have a shorter wait and better experience than a kiosk retailer.

The new E-File system was forecasted by the ATF to have 90 day or less wait times, but after hearing that, a ton of people jumped and bought cans. Now, the system seems to be getting overloaded and wait times are increasing. I know folks who got their approvals in less than 70 days and others are at 100+ days and still waiting. It's still better than 12-15 months wait you'd have with a paper Form-4. I'm looking to get a Dead air Mask 22 and another 9mm can soon. My last 2 cans took 13 months with paper forms, so pretty much anything is an improvement over that.

Both Bunker locations have an E-File system and suppressors in stock. Their system isn't a SS kiosk, it's another vendor. I'd give Pete's or Bunker a visit.

Definitely could add to the wait time, but in today*s world of back orders and out of stock items SS was the quickest I could have gotten my cans. They also have a decent amount of variety and sometimes offer a free tax stamp promo or a $100 gift card that kind of stuff.

If your local dealer has a sandman on the shelf, it will 100% be quicker to buy from them vs SS

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mokoitis View Post
    I 2nd that - Bunker Gun Shop has some knowledgeable staff & good prices.

I don't think Tanners messes much with suppressors ... at least I don't recall seeing them there.
    But Raymond's shop is a great place & always worth a visit!
    Tanners does not do class 3.

Classic Pistol down in Southampton was very helpful when I got my Sandman.

(Lehigh County)

Got one at Bunker. Very smooth transaction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12