Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default SIG 365 in .380 caliber

All, this question might be premature as it relies on owner comments from a newer pistol. Just became aware of SIG 365 released in .380. S&W has a good seller with their M&P EZ 380 and a selling point is the easy slide racking and ease of loading magazines. The SIG is smaller, easier to conceal/carry and wonder if it also has these same characteristics?
    Tim

(York County)

Default Re: SIG 365 in .380 caliber

I have the 9mm version, not the 380, but I can say the 2 mags that came with the gun and 1 Sig mag I bought after all have strong springs. The last round especially has been borderline impossible to squeeze in without the use of a mag loader, and I dont doubt that the 380 mags would be all that different. That last round is such a tight fit in the 9mm mags that you cant rack the slide with a topped of mag locked in, you have to lock the slide back then put in the mag and drop the slide.

(Montgomery County)

Compare them side by side at your local gun dealer. One easy way to figure it out would be to check the recoil spring weight for each of the pistols. As an aside, a pistol with a heavier slide will have a lighter recoil spring weight. The smaller and lighter a pistol is, the harder it will recoil and thus the heavier the recoil spring weight will be. If you want a really soft shooting pistol, get a full sized 9mm. You will get more ammo onboard, better ballistic performance and physics will be on your side.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(York County)

I got one of these .380 P365s in and decided to test fire it so I could educate my customer base on it. This compact carry package is nothing short of amazing and im not sure why Sig didn't do this sooner! Sig should also offer the SAS sights on many other P365 platforms like the XL and .380 caliber but who knows when or if that will happen. the slide is easy to operate but not as easy as the EZ. The frame fits larger hands better since its not a single stack like the EZ. in my opinion, the P365 .380 caliber pistol offers better control than the LCP max, EZ, etc. the big plus for the P365 is that is comes cut for optics, factory night sights, and a compact frame with 10+1 capability which all exceed the EZ. the difference in accuracy is dependent on the user for many reasons so I wont go into which is better in that respect. I will say that I liked the P365 so much, that I kept it for myself.

(Bucks County)

Pulling a slide is made of two components. Strength to grip the slide, and strength to slide it back. Believe it or not, eliminating the need for grip strength makes all the difference. How? By applying grip tape (hardware stores sell it for applying to ladders, around pool surfaces, on skateboards, et cetera).

I apply the tape to the rear sides of slides. It does no harm to the finish, and is removable any time.

I do not apply the tape as it comes. I either rub two pieces together or run a file over them. It breaks off the sharpness while leaving plenty of grab.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lehigh County)

I also have a P365/9 with 10 and 15 round mags. The spring in the 15 rounders are the strongest I've ever experienced, harder than in the 10 rounders. I can squeeze 8 into the 10s but have to use a loader to get more than 6 or 7 into the 15s. The slide also appears to be a little harder to actuate but it may be because of the smaller grip area on the gun and not the slide spring strength.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    I also have a P365/9 with 10 and 15 round mags. The spring in the 15 rounders are the strongest I've ever experienced, harder than in the 10 rounders. I can squeeze 8 into the 10s but have to use a loader to get more than 6 or 7 into the 15s. The slide also appears to be a little harder to actuate but it may be because of the smaller grip area on the gun and not the slide spring strength.
    Also, the 15 round mags are the only mags of any gun where I need to hit the magazine hard just to get it into the gun.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Also, the 15 round mags are the only mags of any gun where I need to hit the magazine hard just to get it into the gun.
    Is this required when inserting the magazine with the slide locked back?
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Delaware County)

July Gun Tests had an aritcle comparing Smith EZ in three calibers, 9mm, .380 and the new 30 super. It was a good article but would have liked to see the Smith EZ in .380 compared to Sig P365, Glock 42, and maybe Ruger LC380-which never really caught on.
    Tim

(Montgomery County)

Print mags and many youtube reviews are bought and aid for advertisements. They will always be favorable and only spotlight one brand in a positive light.