Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default MO Sheriff's Deputy accused of killing neighbor's dog with pellet gun

ST CHARLES, Mo. — The St. Charles County Police Department has finished an investigation into an incident involving an off-duty St. Charles County sheriff's deputy shooting a neighbor’s dog. A special prosecutor could take on the case.

The family says they have a hole in their hearts after Apollo, a 3-year-old rescue from Spain, was shot in the middle of a subdivision.

Like many 10-year-olds, Gio Hansen and his dog Apollo were often inseparable.

“He would always come up on my bed,” said Gio Hansen. “We would go out and play baseball in the backyard. You know, we just had fun.”

However, his parents noticed something was off with Apollo after they finished some yardwork Sunday afternoon.

“The moment he turned around he started coughing and foaming at the mouth and collapsing,” said Erica Hansen. “We thought 'Oh my God, it’s a snake. He must have a snake bite.'”

Erica Hansen tried everything she could to resuscitate the dog as her husband, Eric Bacon, rushed them to the vet.

“The doctor in the ER came in and said we couldn’t resuscitate him,” said Erica Hansen.

X-rays revealed that Apollo wasn’t bitten by a snake, but he had been shot in the lungs with a pellet gun.

“It’s almost like somebody was trying to shoot a deer,” said Bacon.

As soon as they got home he started trying to piece together what happened.

“Do you own a pellet gun?” Bacon can be heard asking a neighbor on video.

“Yes I do,” said the neighbor.

“Did you shoot my dog?” asked Bacon.

Video of the exchange shows the neighbor, who we’ve chosen not to identify since he hasn’t been charged with a crime, identify himself as a St. Charles County sheriff’s deputy.

“What was your dog doing in my yard?” asked the man.

“All he ever wanted to do was make friends with everybody he met,” said Bacon.

“What do you got a pit bull?” the neighbor asked.

“He’s not a pit bull,” said Bacon.

The rest of the story is here:

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...f-74e75435eec2

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: MO Sheriff's Deputy accused of killing neighbor's dog with pellet gun

Poor dog,but I can't help but wonder why the family had to get a dog all the way from Spain when so many dogs here need a loving home.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: MO Sheriff's Deputy accused of killing neighbor's dog with pellet gun

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Poor dog,but I can't help but wonder why the family had to get a dog all the way from Spain when so many dogs here need a loving home.
    Because they "rescued" it. That's all the rage these days. They gotta virtue signal by rescuing a dog from another country.

I guess the cop didn't get to shoot enough dogs on duty, had to do it in his spare time too.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Piece of shit

Hes lucky to be alive.
    FJB

Pellet guns must have come a long way because mine would barely penetrate skin.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Pellet guns must have come a long way because mine would barely penetrate skin.
    people hunt deer with them.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Because they "rescued" it. That's all the rage these days. They gotta virtue signal by rescuing a dog from another country.

I guess the cop didn't get to shoot enough dogs on duty, had to do it in his spare time too.
    Agree, rescues seem to be in vogue now. Although, we've had rescues for years, usually two at once. We made the choice early on to get our dogs from adoption organizations (non-profits), versus pet stores or brokers who sell them for profit to anyone.

Most rescue organizations have a strict vetting process where the whole household gets interviewed before they will let you have the dog. And they have chips inserted under the skin for tracking (by the organization) if they run away. Organizations tell you that if the adoption doesn't work out that they want the dog back, (i.e., don't give it away or sell it).

Back on topic, any LEO that shoots a dog for other than his own self-defense or to defend someone else is POS.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    people hunt deer with them.
    Hard to believe they could take down a deer.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    This dog dosn't look like anything special, some 'rescue' groups are bringing non-pitt types over from abroad. As a sighthound owner, I know there is a spanish breed used for hunting and there is a massive culling at the end of the hunting season. This breed is being rescued to avoid the slaughter....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast