Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lt. Col. Allen West To Challenge Wayne LaPierre As Leader of NRA

LaPierre isn't any better than any Congresscritter who has been around for 30 years. It's long past time he is replaced.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Chester County)

I'm all in favor of Allen West replacing LaPierre. West is a solid guy with unimpeachable credentials. I hope the board can get past their stubbornness and do what's best for the members.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Columbia County)

Somewhat off the topic but FOX news is reporting congressman Crenshaw will not be attending the NA convention due to a trip to Ukraine. How convenient.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cre...a-ukraine-trip

Update; Sen. John Cornyn has also changed his plans and will not attend. Keep the book open, I suspect more no shows.

https://news.yahoo.com/nra-to-host-t...155823320.html

(Montgomery County)

Nearly the entire membership wants Wayne gone, but EVP appointments are a board vote. Hopefully their downturn of membership and donations makes the board vote appropriately. Allen West is a great choice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    First it was Col. North. Now it's Lt Col West. I suppose the next two up for NRA President or CEO will be Major East and Captain South.
    Nice.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Nearly the entire membership wants Wayne gone, but EVP appointments are a board vote. Hopefully their downturn of membership and donations makes the board vote appropriately. Allen West is a great choice.
    I'm voting the only way I can. I joined GOA today.

(Westmoreland County)

Just read an article. Allen West received one vote. Probably his own if he's on the BoD's.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nra...e-lapierre-ceo

So, now what?

I'm seriously considering resigning from my NRA life membership. Does anyone know how to go about it?

(Westmoreland County)

Excerpts from a Bloomberg News article:

LaPierre defeated former Republican Rep. Allen West in a 54-1 vote to serve as the organization’s CEO and executive vice president, Bloomberg and Stephen Gutowski from firearm news site The Reload reported.

A former NRA board member, West told Bloomberg earlier this month he was seeking to push back against the firearm group’s culture of “corruption, cronyism and nepotism,” but the only board member to vote for him Monday was reportedly Phil Journey, a Kansas judge who has sought to reform alleged financial mismanagement within the NRA.

At the organization’s annual meeting last weekend, a group of NRA members also passed a resolution signaling their support for LaPierre’s leadership.

(Allegheny County)

With the drum beats of gun bans after the recent school shooting, we NEED the steady, familiar leadership of Mr. LaPierre to lead the battle to keep our...

OK, I can't keep this up. LOL!
    Gotcha!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12