Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Brownells...losing my future business

Placed an order Saturday morning May 1st, accidentally ordered the wrong item. 220v vs 110v lead pot. I call within 5 minutes of placing the order, girl that answered the phone said the order was too far along to change. That ticked me off and was a lie since no packages fedex ground will move until monday.

Says she will setup an exchange for me once I received the package.

I email Brownells to setup the exchange on May 5th with no response, so I message them on their website may 7th, no response.

Today is may 10th and still no response from Brownells on exchanging the product. They must be purposely avoiding me to not have responded in 5 days.

I realize that ordering the wrong item was initially my fault but the lack of help from their customer service is absolute garbage.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Default Re: Brownells...losing my future business

That's a shame, i hate shit like that. I've tried that with amazon like 45min later but amazon is moving 24/7, but i still have a hard time believing it. I don't believe brownell's is doing 24/7 order processing for a minute. To far along in the system? No such thing unless the package is on the truck.

Modern day customer service is bs, they make canceling orders impossible because they assume that you'll be to lazy to return it.

(Chester County)

Most online businesses today purposely have no process for canceling an order. It's how business is done. Just recently I ordered shoes from Nordstrom's and realized I had ordered the wrong size and I called their customer service just a few minutes after I made the order. I got the same message from the rep, the order is too far along to cancel. They shipped the wrong size and I had to send them back when I received them but luckily they gave me a return label to put on the package and I didn't have to pay return shipping. I could have taken them to the store in King of Prussia but they were such dicks about it I made them pay for return shipping. This has become a standard business practice and I'm not sure why.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Just cancel the credit card payment. I guarantee they will contact you before shipping!

(Berks County)

Welcome to 2022.

I ordered a few boxes of 22LR birdshot that they had on sale on May 29th. It's still sitting in "Pending". I called and they said they can only ship so much ammo per day and to be patient.. That and the fact that they've cancelled 4 different primer orders on me in the past year, they are not on my go-to list of vendors any longer.
    SigGendered

(Elk County)

I ordered an item for the Gladiator from Quadratec and they accidentally sent two of them, one of which the USPO hit me for postage due of $26 and change. The process to return the second item to Quadratec was arduous and took from late Nov 2021 until mid-March 2022. Numerous EMs and a few phone calls, and repeated photos of the shipping label on the carton. The order paperwork clearly showed only one (1) was ordered, but it took an Act of Congress and a Papal Decree to issue the credit for the item and shipping charge to my CC.

This is the 2nd time that Quadratec messed up an order and getting them involved to remedy it was a protracted battle. Quadratec used to be great to deal with, but no longer. There are alternatives for purchase of Jeep parts and accessories.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Berks County)

Yep, been there, done that, it sucks but it was my (and your) mistake to start with. Almost all vendors have return policies and when it happened to me, I just ordered the right thing and sent the wrong one back for refund.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Update: Finally spoke with a helpful associate who sent me a return label quickly. Which the first person I spoke with should have done at the beginning.

(Chester County)

Update. Mailed the unit back with their label. Tracking says delivered 5/16. No response, no refund, tried calling and their automation says 124 callers on hold ahead of me.

Submitted info to my credit card company and they refunded me instantly. Did not want to go that route but not refunding my money back in 3 weeks is unacceptable.

Done with Brownells.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast