Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Brownells...losing my future business

Because a shipping label had not been made doesn't mean it's to late to cancel. Once a pick order has been issued the process is more or less automated. The picker is expected to pick x amount of parts a day an hour or quarter hour. Sure a person can contact a person to contact a person to not ship the item and put it back on the shelf. But now they are losing money on the item.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Beaver County)

I placed an erroneous order April 1st for Glock 19 magazines. April 2nd-5th customer service was shutdown for upgrades. I called April 6th to hopefully get the order corrected to Glock 17 magazines. Talked to a lady who seemed to have no clue how their computer system worked. But after 20 or so minutes she says everything has been changed and the order is correct.

April 15 rolls around and there was no update to my account, so shipping info, etc*

April 18th I call again, only to find out the lady I talked to the first time actually just canceled my order. The guy then puts the order in again*I get an email for order confirmation.

April 22nd again no shipping email. I check my Brownells account, they are now on back order*.

Update 6/3, they are still on back order. I have no interest in calling again. I already ordered and had mags delivered from Midway and Primary Arms.

(Allegheny County)

Easier just to return it and order the correct one

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Most online businesses today purposely have no process for canceling an order. It's how business is done. Just recently I ordered shoes from Nordstrom's and realized I had ordered the wrong size and I called their customer service just a few minutes after I made the order. I got the same message from the rep, the order is too far along to cancel. They shipped the wrong size and I had to send them back when I received them but luckily they gave me a return label to put on the package and I didn't have to pay return shipping. I could have taken them to the store in King of Prussia but they were such dicks about it I made them pay for return shipping. This has become a standard business practice and I'm not sure why.
    Yet Amazon, the biggest retailer makes cancelling easy. I guess that’s part of why they got so big.

(Bucks County)

Never been a huge fan of Brownell's. Their prices are ok but a lot of items are considerably more than many other retailers. Shit is always out of stock, and their back orders rarely ever come back. They had a lot more gun parts years ago. I know surplus has dried up but they don't have as much as a lot of other sites do.

I put them in the same category as Midway. Not sure what category that is, but they're both in it. Midway's stock is much better, and they do get things to come off back order. Often there's an estimated back in stock date. Prices are better on most things, and they do have some good sales, and sometimes free shipping.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Westmoreland County)

Going to pile on here. I've not ordered much from them in recent years but had quite a bit in the past. Most recently I ordered the wrong RMR. Return was easy enough. Just print the label and send it back.

I had forgotten about it for about a month when I checked and saw that I was never refunded. Checked the tracking and it was delivered weeks before. Website says to give them 2 weeks to process returns. I emailed and never received a response. I did get the refund quietly at some point, but they never did respond to my inquiry.

I'm pretty tired of abysmal customer service. If you can't provide service the crap you're selling, then you shouldn't be selling the crap.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    That's a shame, i hate shit like that. I've tried that with amazon like 45min later but amazon is moving 24/7, but i still have a hard time believing it.
    The Mrs and I both worked at a couple Amazon FCs (fulfillment centers) as middle management for a time, so I can say that it depends on a variety of factors. If you have Prime, your order jumps the line automatically. If you order at 3am, the staffing is much thinner than it is 7am and, additionally, at that hour they are trying to complete batches for existing orders. This means incoming orders are being processed a little more slowly. If you order during peak season (Oct-Dec) things will move more slowly than if you order in January (all else being equal). If all items within your order are available within the same warehouse, things will move faster than if 1 or more items needs to be transferred to another warehouse before your order ships out. Now if you have Prime and place a small order at 8am in mid-January for items shipped by Amazon that are all available within a single warehouse it is entirely possible that your order may be within the pick queue within the hour or less. Once it's in the system to be picked, it's unlikely they will be able to stop the order from proceeding. Even if they could, the process would be slowed down considerably by the fact that none of the customer service reps in Asia that you're conversing with by phone/chat actually work for Amazon. They don't even have phone numbers to reach corporate or the FCs. They just send off an email/chat message to someone else who then sends one to someone else who then ... You get the picture. The CSRs are so far removed from corporate that you would have a hard time removing human organs for sale on Amazon if you tried doing so through them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12