Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Exclamation Where not to go and where to go

Where to NOT shop: D&R sports in Nanticoke and Bloomsburg. They have bad buisness attitudes and they think they are doing you a favor by letting you spend your money there. Alot of people I know stay away from them.

Where to shop: Petracs (spl error)in Nanticoke(Alden Rd). Wonder people! Very pleasant and helpful.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109
    Where to NOT shop: D&R sports in Nanticoke and Bloomsburg. They have bad buisness attitudes and they think they are doing you a favor by letting you spend your money there. Alot of people I know stay away from them.

Where to shop: Petracs (spl error)in Nanticoke(Alden Rd). Wonder people! Very pleasant and helpful.
    Again, can you go into specific details of what happened in your specific case? I think it's only fair that we go into detail when saying a business is bad.
    Last edited by danp; July 1st, 2006 at 12:43 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp
    Again, can you go into specific details of what happened in your specific case? I think it's only fair that we go into detail when saying a business in bad.
    I certainly will sir.

D&R Sports

1- Kept me waiting way too long when I was going to purchase a pistol, he was the owner was way too busy flirting with his female employee. When I asked him nicely I was a little pressed for time he nastley stated " so was I" So I just walked out before I lost my temper.

2- In the Bloomsburg store I gave them a deposit on a pistol and told then I'd be back in the morning with the balance. The following morning he told me the gun was sold. When I asked him "why?" he said "I guess someone here screwed up"

3- In the Nanticoke store they didn't have a lefty holster I wanted and I asked if they could check their Bloomsburg store to see if they had one.The worker was annoyed and said "you'll have to wait until I have the time I'm kinda busy right now".( only one other person there besides myself.) I expected that kind of attitude from the owner not from him. Both owners are brothers and reflect a bad buisness attitude, I guess its rubbing off on their employees.

4- The last and final straw for me was when I heard the owner in the Bloomsburg store yelling at a customer because their kid was running around the store. Yes maybe the parent should have been minding the kid better but that was no reason to go off the way he did.

Other people I know have had simular incidents with these folks as well.

(Bucks County)

I certainly will sir.

D&R Sports

1- Kept me waiting way too long when I was going to purchase a pistol, he was the owner was way too busy flirting with his female employee. When I asked him nicely I was a little pressed for time he nastley stated " so was I" So I just walked out before I lost my temper.

2- In the Bloomsburg store I gave them a deposit on a pistol and told then I'd be back in the morning with the balance. The following morning he told me the gun was sold. When I asked him "why?" he said "I guess someone here screwed up"

3- In the Nanticoke store they didn't have a lefty holster I wanted and I asked if they could check their Bloomsburg store to see if they had one.The worker was annoyed and said "you'll have to wait until I have the time I'm kinda busy right now".( only one other person there besides myself.) I expected that kind of attitude from the owner not from him. Both owners are brothers and reflect a bad buisness attitude, I guess its rubbing off on their employees.

4- The last and final straw for me was when I heard the owner in the Bloomsburg store yelling at a customer because their kid was running around the store. Yes maybe the parent should have been minding the kid better but that was no reason to go off the way he did.

Other people I know have had simular incidents with these folks as well.
    This is the only scenario posted above that might have gotten me off. But even then Sh*t happens. People do make mistakes sometimes. Maybe I'm too easy on stuff like this? Either way, it's not worth getting my, or your, blood pressure up over. imho.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Bucks County)

Default Lousy service...

SSGF109, Sounds like lousy service to me. Could be that business is good and they ain't "hungry". If business is bad then maybe they would be a bit more interested in helping the customer. There are too many places to spend our money and if all is as you say, I'd find another...Mike45

(Luzerne County)

Mike 45 your absolutely correct, and I have stop doing buisness with these folks. I think the main reason they have such an attitude is because there are only a few gun shops left in the NE.

(Bucks County)

SSGF109,
    It sure seems like there is a need for a good indoor range/gun store in the Wilkes Barre area. From just what I have read on this forum, this is an area in need of these services. Can anyone out there fill this void???
    Mike45

(Cambria County)

2- In the Bloomsburg store I gave them a deposit on a pistol and told then I'd be back in the morning with the balance. The following morning he told me the gun was sold. When I asked him "why?" he said "I guess someone here screwed up".

YIKES!

That would NEVER happen where I get my guns! Sporting Goods Discounters in Johnstown has a VERY simple way to prevent such an occurence...the moment you put a deposit on something, they take it out of the display case RIGHT THEN, put a post-it with your name on it, and put it under the case or in the back. My husband and I have both purchased guns this way. THey also do layaways. They'll even pull one that you're undecided about for a few days WITHOUT a down payment while you make up your mind. Not only that, but they are considerable less expensive than either Gander Mt. or Dunhams.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Bad Customer Relations ?

Like what ice fire said, we have a good gun store here in Rochester, Pa also, "John Brown's Armory" (724) 728-4444, one of the great owner Tim Brown, he will personaly attend to you and your needs immediately and if you have a firearm that you want....he would even suggest to hold it for you and if you want to do a lay away....no problem, he will immediately remove it from display and keep it for you untill you pick it up, he will even accept trade in of almost any kind....with no problem, I dealt with him some few times buying and trade in with no problem and he will even take good care with you with a good price once you start dealing with him even for one time as long as he remembers you....so it just up to you buyer to start a good friendship. If you ever want to find some thing about firearms...give him a call and mention me to him...he calls me "MASTERPIECE"....and he will pay attention to your needs.

(Beaver County)

Second Timmy Brown at John Brown's Armory. Stopped in there today and picked up a Yugo AK underfolder. Bought other things from him in the past. If you can, deal with Timmy directly rather than with staff. They're nce people, but all wheeling-dealing has to be approved by Timmy anyway...so you might as well talk to him first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast