Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Need Help With AR Pistol Build in 300blk

Quote Originally Posted by bravo30 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I*m only seeing 8*, 10.5* barrels* 8* is kind of too small unless I add a suppressor down the road.

Thoughts?

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar1...anodized-black

Personally myself I'm going for the 10.5. 8 to me is a bit short.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any anxiety. My bad for being so uninformative.

There's a lot of folks that poo poo 300blk cartridge, like expensive, boutique, niche, a solution to a problem that doesn't exist and so on.

I like to get into the ballistics of a cartridge. I have a 10.5 inch .300 & while I think it's pretty cool how it sounds suppressed with sub-sonic ammunition, to me at the end of the day, I'm not going on clandestine search & destroy/hostage rescue type shit. In my humble opinion subsonic anything is basically a pistol cartridge. On the other hand super-sonic .300 hits hard in a short barrel, and makes more sense to me than .223/5.56

If you've got the itch for top tier- Sig makes the "Rattler-Canebrake" with a 5.5" barrel, Q makes the Honey Badger, & Daniel Defense makes the "Ghetto Blaster" both with really short barrels, and really fast twist rates.

I converted my 7.5" inch 5.56 Black Rain Ordnance pistol using to a 10.5" (1in8 twist) Ballistic Advantage barrel, but I'd be just as happy building one with Anderson upper/lower. CMMG makes a great lower parts kit, and I'd be happy with just about any hand rail that I didn't have to friggin clock with a barrel nut that requires shims.

A lot of the people that poo poo 300 BO don't really know anything about it. It has a lot of advantages to the average shooter and reloader and you can do much with it. I have loaded various 110g bullets to close to 2400 FPS which will put the energy on par with 7.62x39 and with a better bullet. Subsonic, as I discovered, hits harder than 45 ACP.

Plenty has developed with 300 BO over the past 10 years as people learn more with experimenting with it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any anxiety. My bad for being so uninformative.

All good 👍

I went with the Aero Precisions Complete upper last night with 10” barrel and forward assist.

Few questions,

1- do I need a special bolt to use the forward assist if I ever have to?

2- does the Maxim brace have the proper buffer spring for 300blk? I read that ar’s only have carbine or rifle length springs, is that correct?

3- is the BCG an item that I should spend some money on or could I get away with middle of the road quality? I want reliability so don’t mind spending thing is I don’t know much about AR’s and what makes them more reliable or less

(Philadelphia County)

Need some recommendations on a decent BCG as well. I just came across this from PSA with decent reviews but man that’s almost too cheap!

not all keys are working on my laptop

(Wyoming County)

I don't know enough about the Maxim setup to offer any help here.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12