Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default FFL03 selling FTF in PA

I have my C&R license (FFL03) and no longer collect firearms. I am looking to sell most of my collection to raise some money. I have done a bit of selling on gunbroker which I feel comfortable with since I ship only to FFL 01's. My question is what the process would be to sell within PA FTF to anyone with a valid LTCF. I know there is no problem doing so if I did not have the C&R but since that is a federal license, I can't find anywhere online that says selling inside PA to another PA resident with my C&R is OK. I could just go through an FFL01 for any transfers but wanted to clarify this.

Also, for any C&R eligible guns, does the receiving FFL01 information go into the bound book or is it the end buyer? In my case, I recently sold a rifle that went into the possession of a local FFL01, then to the buyer's receiving FFL01, then to the buyer. So what would get logged here? It would be logical to assume the buyer's info goes there but it also technically seems to have been owned by the two intervening FFL01s if ever so briefly.

(Centre County)

Default Re: FFL03 selling FTF in PA

Go here and it should answer all your questions. https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/collectors
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Can't help with the legality and your C&R but looking forward to seeing what you put up for sale...

(Chester County)

What are you selling?

(York County)

if you no longer collect, why not turn your C&R license in? once you do so, you no longer need to maintain the bound book and can distribute your firearms as a private seller. to answer your questions, if you are going from a PA resident with C&R license to a non licensed PA resident, you need to record his drivers license info in your disposition column. if you are selling to another FFL holder, you record his FFL information into the disposition column. even if a person buys your firearm, and it transfers to an FFL 01 dealer, you log it out to that dealer and NOT the end buyer. basically, you are logging any firearm out to the person who's hands touch it first. by logging out to the end user you are doing it incorrectly and will get yourself in trouble when a trace happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    if you no longer collect, why not turn your C&R license in? once you do so, you no longer need to maintain the bound book and can distribute your firearms as a private seller. to answer your questions, if you are going from a PA resident with C&R license to a non licensed PA resident, you need to record his drivers license info in your disposition column. if you are selling to another FFL holder, you record his FFL information into the disposition column. even if a person buys your firearm, and it transfers to an FFL 01 dealer, you log it out to that dealer and NOT the end buyer. basically, you are logging any firearm out to the person who's hands touch it first. by logging out to the end user you are doing it incorrectly and will get yourself in trouble when a trace happens.
    Perfect, thanks for this information.