Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 😲 NJ Proposes Worst 2A Laws Ever

Default Re: 😲 NJ Proposes Worst 2A Laws Ever

Patiently waiting for the invasion.

(Columbia County)

They appeased the left by legalizing weed so might as well go for a slew of gun restrictions.

(Chester County)

I go to 2minutes and he had said nothing content or law related. Nope

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlish View Post
    I go to 2minutes and he had said nothing content or law related. Nope
    Same, I tried to go to 3 minutes, but it was just "this is the worst ever" over and over again. horrible video.
    -Brandon

(York County)

Ill skim through and get the highlights.

Guns and ammo need to be stored in separate locked boxes in separate locations in the home

Move into the state you need to provide a list of all firearms

Anyone wanting to get a firearm needs to take a course and be issued an ID beforehand

No 50 cal purchases allowed going forward, .50s already owed are grandfathered in but are subject to a $50 fee for each

Need to be 21 to be able to get the ID

Ammo manufacturers need to report all ammo sales and who bought it to the state police,

No sales, manufacturing, importing, or marketing in the state (not sure how that works, but thats what he says)

Microstamp all ammo to tie it to specific firearms? idk, I think he means microstamped firing pins? He doesnt make it clear.

Yea, pretty shitty video lol

Sometimes it*s easier to just find a news article on the topic of the video.

Governor Murphy today recommitted to the following reforms:

Ensuring Firearms are Handled Safely

Requiring Firearm Safety Training: A-993 (Reynolds-Jackson) would require completion of a firearm safety course to receive a permit to purchase a gun or receive a firearm ID card.
    Mandating Safe Storage of Firearms: Gun owners would be required to store guns in a lockbox or gun safe. (For reference: A-2215 (Greenwald), the *New Jersey Safe Storage of Firearms Act*)
    Making New Jersey Safer

Banning .50 Caliber Firearms: S-1416 (Gill) would revise the definition of *destructive device* under New Jersey law so that it includes weapons of .50 caliber or greater.
    Closing Loophole for Importing Out-of-State Firearms: A-1179/S-1204 (Jasey/Cryan) would require firearm owners who move to New Jersey to obtain a firearm purchaser identification card (FPIC) and register their firearms within 60 days of residing in this State.
    Raising Minimum Age to Purchase Long Guns to 21: A-509/S-504 (Freiman/Cryan) would raise from 18 to 21 the age at which a person is eligible to receive a firearms purchaser identification card used to purchase shotguns and rifles.
    Giving Law Enforcement the Tools to Address Gun Violence

Establishing Electronic Ammunition Sales Recordkeeping: A-1302 (Greenwald) would require manufacturers or dealers of handgun ammunition to keep a detailed electronic record of ammunition sales, and report ammunition sales to the State Police.
    Promoting Microstamping Technology: S-1462/A-2216 (Codey/Greenwald) would require within a year that firearm manufacturers incorporate microstamping technology into new handguns sold in New Jersey, providing law enforcement with a tool to quickly link firearm cartridge casings found at the scene of a crime to a specific firearm, without having to recover the firearm itself.
    Additional Action

Holding the Gun Industry Accountable: In New Jersey, almost 80% of guns used in crimes are originally purchased outside of the state. However, the gun industry has failed to take any steps to stem the flow of guns to the illegal market through gun shows, flea markets, straw purchasers, and theft. The Governor proposes amending the state*s public nuisance laws to prohibit the gun industry from endangering the safety or health of the public through its sale, manufacturing, importing, or marketing of guns. (For reference: A-1765/S-1893 (McKeon/Ruiz).

https://wrnjradio.com/gov-murphy-ren...in-april-2021/

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

All of the above were passed by the NJ Assembly in January, but never brought up for a vote in the Senate. It's no surprise that they are gearing up for round two. I don't know who the new Senate President is, but it's a democrat with a supermajority there to boot.

(Bucks County)

I have relatives in NJ who went through the hoops and acquired 9mm handguns. I gave them three boxes of 50. So, from the proposed outlined above, would receiving ammo in that manner violate any portion of that law, or is the law insufficient to cover it?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I have relatives in NJ who went through the hoops and acquired 9mm handguns. I gave them three boxes of 50. So, from the proposed outlined above, would receiving ammo in that manner violate any portion of that law, or is the law insufficient to cover it?
    It is always good...or to say...that the ammo was obtained before the law went in to effect, just to be on the safe side. Eventually sellers will likely be afraid to sell to new jersey residents with all the drama that is said about all of their gun problems coming from outside of he state. The governor want to blame his problems on other states.

I've been here four year and have yet to buy ammo in New Jersey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast