Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Bersa T .380

Default Bersa T .380

I just picked up a Bersa .380, does anyone know when I can look at holsters for it...whether it be IWB or OWB, maybe even an ankle for the winter? Thanks for the help.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Bersa T .380

i have an uncle mikes iwb fr the middle of my back, that one is ok, i also have a fobus for owb and hate it but its the only one i can find for the 380, would love a serpa, but they dont maake them for it

love the gun though, sure you will too
    mikey

(York County)

The bersa .380 has a lot of options for holsters. I have one and PU an IWB holster they are about $15-25 depending on maker. Most gun stores have them in stock.
    Also check out gander mtn and they have a good selection of Uncle Mikes and other generic holsters that might work for you.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Washington County)

Check out High Noon Holsters. They offer quite a few different holster options for both the Bersa Thunder .380 and the Bersa Concealed Carry .380. Everything from regular IWB and IWB Tuckable to OWB and pocket holsters. I own a few of them and they're all well made, affordable and comfortable too. They also offer a 30 day customer satisfaction program, where if you're not satified for any reason, they'll exchange it or give you a full refund (minus the shipping).
    I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. -- Susan B. Anthony, July 1871

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey0086 View Post
    i have an uncle mikes iwb fr the middle of my back, that one is ok, i also have a fobus for owb and hate it but its the only one i can find for the 380, would love a serpa, but they dont maake them for it

love the gun though, sure you will too
    mikey
    Hi Mikey, was just wondering what you don't like about the Fobus holster ?

I was considering getting one, just curious about your experience with it.

Thanks !

J

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Bersa T .380 / Fobus Holster

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyquest View Post

Thanks !

J
    Not to usurp your request of a reply from another poster, but you may find this helpful ...

During the mandatory segment of the UTAH CFP course on holsters and methods of carry, I use Fobus holsters for a Walther PPK/s and a Bersa 380 as examples of poor holster choices.

To be clear, I am a great fan of most Fobus designs.
    I own over two dozen and have a Fobus paddle for my HK USP that is a near constant companion.

Problem with the Fobus designs for the Walther PPK and it's clones / near relatives (Bersa, FEG, etc ... ) is that these pistols are commonly all metal frames rather than metal slide with a polymer grip. The extra grip weight due to the all metal grip + the relatively short barrels = a paddle or belt holster design that sits a bit too high and can "flop" a good bit while walking since the pistol ends up being a bit "top heavy" when holstered.

The design would be much improved if they simply offset this issue by having the pistol suspended a bit lower, past the paddle's inner pants seam / belt line gripping "shelf". The design as is can work marginally well for some males but is absolutely horrid for most females in particular due to their slightly different pelvic structure.

If you have a shop nearby with a bit of a holster selection, you may find that the Bersa 380 will fit into many nylon and leather holsters designed for the Walther PPK's. Molded plastic holsters may be a bit more problematic in that the PPK's lack a slide release so molded plastic holsters often lack the inletting necessary for clearance of the Bersa's slide release.

PS - A US importer of Bersa products (Eagle Imports) recommends holsters by www.condorsflight.com , I have no direct experience but they may warrant a look ...

Hope this helps ...

NRA Certified Instructor / PA State Constable

Midway has a load of them. I just got an Uncle Mike for mine. www.midwayusa.com

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyquest View Post

Thanks !

J
    well IMHO, i think that the holster sits too high( constantly digging in my side while sitting) and although it holds the gun well(you couldn't shake it out if you tried) this also holds it a little to well while trying to draw the weapon, you really gotta pull the gun hard to free it, at least with my fobus.
    hope this helps
    mikey

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by colagrrl View Post
    Check out High Noon Holsters. They offer quite a few different holster options for both the Bersa Thunder .380 and the Bersa Concealed Carry .380. Everything from regular IWB and IWB Tuckable to OWB and pocket holsters. I own a few of them and they're all well made, affordable and comfortable too. They also offer a 30 day customer satisfaction program, where if you're not satified for any reason, they'll exchange it or give you a full refund (minus the shipping).
    not to thread hijack but i will be getting one of these from high noon!!
    thanks for the link!
    mikey