Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Exactly how much of a pain is or isn't it to get a stamb for suppressor?

If I were in your shoes, I would go to an indoor range that rented silencers and hosts and try them out. There are so many options on the market.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Exactly how much of a pain is or isn't it to get a stamb for suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    So what suppressor(s) should I consider for an SP5 and which one(s) for a 9mm handgun?
    This is just my opinion for 9mm: The Deadair Wolfman: It's modular (long or short configuration). You make it direct thread or 3 lug. You will need the piston device to use on handgun.

*I'm a Deadair fanboy but SilencerCo Omega K is also a very popular can.

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Washington County)

A modular length pistol can is definitely a great thing to have. My pistol can is an AAC TiRant-45 and I certainly wish it was shorter when I have it on a handgun. It's fine for a PCC, but I will probably pick up another short pistol can eventually.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    This is just my opinion for 9mm: The Deadair Wolfman: It's modular (long or short configuration). You make it direct thread or 3 lug. You will need the piston device to use on handgun.

*I'm a Deadair fanboy but SilencerCo Omega K is also a very popular can.

I don't think the Wolfman is a good idea if he plans on using it for a pistol. The extra thickness might give him troubles, even with suppressor height sights.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    I don't think the Wolfman is a good idea if he plans on using it for a pistol. The extra thickness might give him troubles, even with suppressor height sights.
    If you are shooting groups or 50 yd shots maybe, but I use mine on my Glock 26 with OEM original size sights. At 10 yds it's still point and shoot. YMMV
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    Can one take their own "passport photo"?
    Can one simply go to your local police station with the ATF fingerprint card and have that part done?
    Do neither of them have to be done in person & everything can be done online via the avenues/sites mentioned so far?
    You can get passport photos at fedex office.
    You cant simply go anywhere for fingerprints, alot of departemnts just dont do it anymore, I do it myself. Order the cards from the stf website, and get a LEE fingerpritn pad off amazon.
    My SOT fills out the paperwork and I go to sign it and take it to the post.

(Lancaster County)

I'm just going to use the Silencershop kiosk since they do everything for you. No need to make more work for myself.
    Goign with the Oculus for 22, but still not sure what to get for SP5 or 9mm handguns.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Exactly how much of a pain is or isn't it to get a stamp for suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by iUxTc View Post
    You can get passport photos at fedex office.
    You cant simply go anywhere for fingerprints, alot of departemnts just dont do it anymore, I do it myself. Order the cards from the stf website, and get a LEE fingerpritn pad off amazon.
    My SOT fills out the paperwork and I go to sign it and take it to the post.
    Eforms is live. This is going to go the way of the dinosaur soon

(Centre County)

Default Re: Exactly how much of a pain is or isn't it to get a stamp for suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Eforms is live. This is going to go the way of the dinosaur soon
    eForms is live but they are still having problems at times. Plus you still have to do everything through your FFL/SOT (filling out the forms, etc.) If you can find a place that will do fingerprints and put them on a flash drive in .eft format and do a digital photo it makes things easier all around, otherwise you just send the prints by mail (the eForms generates an email cover letter to attach the prints to if mailing them).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    eForms is live but they are still having problems at times. Plus you still have to do everything through your FFL/SOT (filling out the forms, etc.) If you can find a place that will do fingerprints and put them on a flash drive in .eft format and do a digital photo it makes things easier all around, otherwise you just send the prints by mail (the eForms generates an email cover letter to attach the prints to if mailing them).
    The last time I did prints for NFA, they had to be done by a LEO with some certain assigned # on FBI type cards.

Did they drop that requirement, allowing for privately rolled prints?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast