Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Gov. Brian Kemp (R) signed legislation Tuesday making Georgia the 25th constitutional

25 and counting . Maybe PA next year.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Gov. Brian Kemp (R) signed legislation Tuesday making Georgia the 25th constituti

Hopefully Kemp will be able to beat Abrams again.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Gov. Brian Kemp (R) signed legislation Tuesday making Georgia the 25th constituti

Frankly I don't have the motivation to read every piece of legislation for all of these permitless carry states.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads if any one of these states has passed it where it only applies to in state residents only?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Frankly I don't have the motivation to read every piece of legislation for all of these permitless carry states.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads if any one of these states has passed it where it only applies to in state residents only?
    Some info:
    In North Dakota and Wyoming, permitless carry is only allowed for residents. All non-residents must have a permit to carry a concealed handgun

(Elk County)

Somebody needs to ask Gov. Kemp if he's willing to do if for PA, too.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    Some info:
    In North Dakota and Wyoming, permitless carry is only allowed for residents. All non-residents must have a permit to carry a concealed handgun
    Thank you, I thought as much.

So for all my whooping and hollering in celebration it really don't mean much.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Thank you, I thought as much.

So for all my whooping and hollering in celebration it really don't mean much.
    You're welcome. It appears that Constitutional carry can be provisional per each State.

Kansas seems most friendly constitutional carry state from my research...

(York County)

"All non-residents must have a permit to carry a concealed handgun"

Update question:
    What happens if your home State goes Constitutional carry and no longer issues LTCF ? It appears that there would be no way to legally carry as a non resident in States that have residents only Constitutional carry.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    "All non-residents must have a permit to carry a concealed handgun"

Update question:
    What happens if your home State goes Constitutional carry and no longer issues LTCF ? It appears that there would be no way to legally carry as a non resident in States that have residents only Constitutional carry.
    This is kind of what made me ask my question above. Again without delving deep into researching every permitless state, most of the ones that I glimpsed over added that they would continue issuing licenses so that their residents could continue to carry in the states that already reciprocated.

Which brings me to my deflated balloon- all of this is really meaningless to anyone that intends to actually go outside the borders of their own state. Take Ohio for example, my parents live there and went through the pain in the ass process to get their permit/license. I don't remember fees, or actual classroom requirements but it was much more than PA's process for LTCF.

BFD! Ohio went permitless carry, my parent's still need the fricken state permit for their travels to & from Florida where they spend their winters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast