Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Gov. Brian Kemp (R) signed legislation Tuesday making Georgia the 25th constituti

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Kansas seems most friendly constitutional carry state from my research...
    WV should be pretty high up that list as well.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Gov. Brian Kemp (R) signed legislation Tuesday making Georgia the 25th constituti

The only reason Kemp did this is because he's in big trouble with Trump supporters for doing nothing about the 2020 election and is still doing nothing about election integrity in GA.

(Bradford County)

^^^^^^^

This right here. He's in trouble and he knows it.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(York County)

Another question:

Will the States with Constitutional carry recognize all other States license or permit or only the States that they have reciprocal agreements with ? I think we have a long way to go to get true Constitutional carry Nationwide, if ever.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    Another question:

Will the States with Constitutional carry recognize all other States license or permit or only the States that they have reciprocal agreements with ? I think we have a long way to go to get true Constitutional carry Nationwide, if ever.
    I thought that Constitutional Carry applied to all who are not prohibited persons, both residents and non-residents. Am I wrong on that thought?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I thought that Constitutional Carry applied to all who are not prohibited persons, both residents and non-residents. Am I wrong on that thought?
    Yes. Some States that have passed Constitutional carry have designated it for residents only.

Some info:
    In North Dakota and Wyoming, permitless carry is only allowed for residents.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Berks County)

Yes. Some States that have passed Constitutional carry have designated it for residents only.

Some info:
    In North Dakota and Wyoming, permitless carry is only allowed for residents.
    That is good to know. Not that it really matters to me but knowledge is power (as the Nintendo game use to say) and others can benefit from it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    This is kind of what made me ask my question above. Again without delving deep into researching every permitless state, most of the ones that I glimpsed over added that they would continue issuing licenses so that their residents could continue to carry in the states that already reciprocated.

Which brings me to my deflated balloon- all of this is really meaningless to anyone that intends to actually go outside the borders of their own state. Take Ohio for example, my parents live there and went through the pain in the ass process to get their permit/license. I don't remember fees, or actual classroom requirements but it was much more than PA's process for LTCF.

BFD! Ohio went permitless carry, my parent's still need the fricken state permit for their travels to & from Florida where they spend their winters.
    You bring up a good point there- a few years ago when national reciprocity was being discussed, a number of people pointed out the irony that would face NJ residents- just about everyone would be allowed to carry there, EXCEPT the people who lived there.

I must say though, as far as the on-the-ground carrying experience in Ohio, the cops are super great to deal with, at least in Toledo. Once they've established you're not a thug, they go out of their way to support both open and concealed carry. Much different than my experience in Philly burbs where the cops get all condescending any time the subject of citizens owning guns comes up.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by win67 View Post
    You bring up a good point there- a few years ago when national reciprocity was being discussed, a number of people pointed out the irony that would face NJ residents- just about everyone would be allowed to carry there, EXCEPT the people who lived there.

I must say though, as far as the on-the-ground carrying experience in Ohio, the cops are super great to deal with, at least in Toledo. Once they've established you're not a thug, they go out of their way to support both open and concealed carry. Much different than my experience in Philly burbs where the cops get all condescending any time the subject of citizens owning guns comes up.
    I still need to do more research, but so far I think the only 2 states that have dicked over non-residents are the 2 already mentioned above- North Dakota & Wyoming.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Jefferson County)

Some info:
    In North Dakota and Wyoming, permitless carry is only allowed for residents. All non-residents must have a permit to carry a concealed handgun
    If challenged in court - those states would likely lose in a 14th Amendment challenge for equal rights, liberties, freedoms, and protection of the law.

An ex of mine won a court case in WV that had different rights between residents and non-residents. I don't remember the details though(not having to do with guns) and when it was(thinking in late 1980's to mid-1990's).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12