Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    PickingPA Guest

Default Re: Selling Firearms for Sibling, Local PA FTF and Shipping Legality

Quote Originally Posted by ABuck View Post
    Might have missed it, but any of the parents alive yet? Couldn*t the transfer happen through them legally?
    1. Intentional circumventing of the known transfer laws

2. But technically, yes

3. However, refer back to #1

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yes, he can sell, or give you the long guns. No FFL needed to transfer... SCREEEEEEEEECH... Gotta put the brakes on!!!

You both have to live in PA (and not be prohibited) to do a long gun transfer without an FFL.
    You don't need a transfer, per se. They were given before he left. He already has the long guns. No problems there.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    You don't need a transfer, per se. They were given before he left. He already has the long guns. No problems there.
    Yeah they were given to me long before he moved to Michigan, however, if ever asked. Is that just a verbal confirmation from both parties? Tricky...

Also, now that i think about it. Since my brother is now a Michigan resident, but his handguns are here in PA, and will stay here. I read that that we both have to be PA residents for the loan/borrow "law" to apply here in PA? He was previous a PA resident, purchased them here in PA....

Regardless, im borrowing for target practice purposes, i dont EDC his handguns.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ABuck View Post
    Might have missed it, but any of the parents alive yet? Couldn*t the transfer happen through them legally?
    Yes, they are, but rather not complicate things and just pay up for transfers. Dont want them involved whatsoever.

(Allegheny County)

I tried saying out loud what you did and it doesn't make sense. i would read pa 18 6111 a few times.
    (c) Duty of other persons.--Any person who is not a licensed importer, manufacturer or dealer and who desires to sell or transfer a firearm to another unlicensed person shall do so only upon the place of business of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or county sheriff's office, the latter of whom shall follow the procedure set forth in this section as if he were the seller of the firearm. The provisions of this section shall not apply to transfers between spouses or to transfers between a parent and child or to transfers between grandparent and grandchild.

Regardless of LTCF don't play weird games with firearms. It will cost the same for a lawyer consultation than it is to just transfer them all via record of sale. You HAVE to do either the lawyer or the transfer. Why risk a crime, even if the chance is 1%.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234