Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today - PART 2

Mags are available from Numrich. And if i wanted a single shot, i could have bought one kind of defeats the purpose of a bolt repeater, eh?

Its more of a functional learning project tbh. Something i can teach myself bluing and stock refinishing on before i attempt the kentucky pistol kit. At the same time, some minor updates are in order (new sights, period correct new choke system from hartford gun co, etc). It’ll fill a role until i figure out a better 20ga option for myself

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Mags are available from Numrich. And if i wanted a single shot, i could have bought one kind of defeats the purpose of a bolt repeater, eh?

Its more of a functional learning project tbh. Something i can teach myself bluing and stock refinishing on before i attempt the kentucky pistol kit. At the same time, some minor updates are in order (new sights, period correct new choke system from hartford gun co, etc). It*ll fill a role until i figure out a better 20ga option for myself
    Rate of fire as a single shot is higher than with the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Rate of fire as a single shot is higher than with the magazine.
    Not too concerned with rate of fire on this one. Just the ability for repeat shots without fumbling for shells to shove in a chamber. If i wanted single, i’d be more incline towards a break action :shrug:

This is more about fun and learning to refinish/re-fit the ergonomics better. Never silver soldered before so thats a bonus. All in, if i can do it under $$250 i have a takedown 20ga that will outlive my nieces grandkids, custom fit. Little bit of 21st century updating too. I’ll pass it on as functional art fudd gun with flair.

So the idea is clean up metal and cerakote, refinish and reshape/relieve the stock in the grip and bolt handle area, cut down the barrel and rethread for the hartford auto choke system, add fiber optic bead sight and maybe a gobbler dot rear sight. Need to check the stock and re-bed if necessary once i get the barrel work finished and a patterning w/ #4 and buck/slugs. From there no idea.

(Lancaster County)

I bought a bunch of parts and put them together ....

Rusty Oak 8 (3).jpgRusty Oak 8 (2).jpgRusty Oak 19 (2).jpgRusty Oak 19 (3).jpg

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    I bought a bunch of parts and put them together ....

Rusty Oak 8 (3).jpgRusty Oak 8 (2).jpgRusty Oak 19 (2).jpgRusty Oak 19 (3).jpg
    Good lookin rifle!
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1919 View Post
    Good lookin rifle!
    Thanks hopefully I'll get some time next weekend to take her out

(Monroe County)

Another stray made it home with me today.... Ruger Mark IV Lite .22LR. ...I've needed a semi-auto .22LR pistol for some time now. I'm thinking it will eventually get suppressed.

Ruger Mark IV Lite 2.jpg

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    This followed me home the other night from another poofers collection. Mossberg 185K-A 20ga bolt gun. Pre ‘55, oldest gun i dont own . Dad had one similar in 10ga when i was a kid that i monkey’d with and i’ve always had a soft spot for simple utilitarian bolt guns. Aint worth much $ but its a rabbit and bird shooter. Maybe a dedicated slug gun, not sure yet.

Stripping and cleaning has begun. Stock is in excellent shape (less the aftermarket recoil pad someone installed with blind screws ). Havent decided if i want to chop it down to 18” and thread the barrel for a poly choke or just leave the C-lect choke on and clean it up. First task is to address the rust bubbling on the barrel and action. I’d like to look into bore reaming to get it running 3” shells if possible. Also want to try and 3d print a 5rd mag for it once i get my hands on a factory 2 rd mag for measurements

Nice choice! I had one in 16ga back in the 1990's with the adjustable choke. It did pretty good at the turkey shoots around here.

Cant remember what I did with it though. ...I'm thinking I gave it to a friend.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Was at work when a few of us were told that a guy in the warehouse section of the company was selling off some old fudd guns. Wound up with this Marlin Model 80/Glenfield Model 25 for $70. Just needs some cleaning.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Was at work when a few of us were told that a guy in the warehouse section of the company was selling off some old fudd guns. Wound up with this Marlin Model 80/Glenfield Model 25 for $70. Just needs some cleaning.

Nice, that was my first rifle (shared with my brother). It was a nice rifle, I'm not sure if he still has it or not.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast