Page 25 of 117 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today - PART 2

[QUOTE=arjohnson;4658426]Picked this up today./QUOTE]

Nice. Real nice!
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Bucks County)

Romanian used leather sling for my Romanian WASR 10/63. Hope it's decent or refurbishable (is that a word?)
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Philadelphia County)

Seiko SNXS77 automatic both for my '80s kit and for my growing desire for watches.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Seiko SNXS77 automatic both for my '80s kit and for my growing desire for watches.

Nice one. I collect watches and seiko makes some nice ones. I own some watches that are around $10k and seiko are just as nice.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

G26 gen 4 followed me home today, along with a GuntecUSA anodized green rifle build kit. G26 lower and half the rifle furniture are up for sale/trade so i can finish this side charge 300blk build

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    Nice one. I collect watches and seiko makes some nice ones. I own some watches that are around $10k and seiko are just as nice.
    I have the very beginnings of a watch collection. This Seiko, a Seiko SZSB017 classic automatic, a Soviet-era Vostok Komandirskie, and two modern Vostok Komandirskies. One of those two is going to get a new dial since the current dial features a Slava-class cruiser, just like the Moskva that was sunk recently.

(York County)

Went to pick up the lower for this simple iron sight AR yesterday. My other ARs have optics and I always liked the look of a carry handle and front sight block. Just a basic PSA mid length MOE rifle with their EPT trigger. Promised myself this was the last gun purchase of 2022.

But while I waited for the check to come in, I spotted this little guy for a decent price and had to have it. Dealer exclusive RIA 1911 .380 in FDE and nice looking grips. Tiny little 1911. Even smaller than my Sig 365xl.

(Cumberland County)

Finally got around to picking up my Ballester Molina. This is the one guy advertised and had the main picture of the holster and no one knew it was for the gun too so I got both for a great price! And of course while at the shop they had a really nice condition Walther model 8 - a good C&R day all around

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Washington County)

I paid off my student loans and my ATV loan, and some really nice parts kits were just imported, so that is perfect timing.

UPS man always happy to see me at the end of the driveway with the tractor when heavy things are on the way.

This parts kit is a cut up Italian manufactured MG42/59, made in 1966 in 7.62 NATO. 100 of these kits were just imported and I think 100 more are on the way. The kit comes with a rare heavy bolt and heavy buffer that was used for a slower rate of fire. I already picked up a new 7.62 NATO MG3 barrel from BRP as well as their semi auto conversion parts. Another re-weld and semi auto conversion project.

History of the MG42/59: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEogEMJwZf4

EI is Esercito Italiano, the Italian army.

WMF is Whitehead Motofides - former Italian torpedo manufacturer and licensed producer of the MG42/59.

The other faint markings are Italian ordnance acceptance stamps. The FAT stamp with the star and number is the Italian Arsenal at Terni (Fabrica Armi Terni).

Just mocked up for display, ready to fall apart.

The second kit that arrived from the same importer is a cut up WW2 Italian Breda M37. These were originally chambered in an odd 8mm Italian cartridge, but this kit came with a 7.92 (8mm Mauser) barrel that the imported snagged from IMA. I'm a sucker for a kit with a nice big ground mount, and this feed strip gun is really cool. The really interesting feature is that the empty cartridge is put back on the strip before cycling to the next round, because who doesn't like a tidy battlefield. The barrel is surprisingly heavy, and overall the gun and mount is almost comparable in size to a Browning M2.

History video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWesu9pA6Ro

There are some guys working on the semi auto conversion, and I look forward to copying their design. Until then, it will be a nice display piece in the mancave. The wooden boxes of extra strips came from IMA and Apex. The receiver is very thick, and it took a couple hours to get the torch cuts and grime cleaned up, figure out how it all went together, and mock it up.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

Lucky!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 25 of 117 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast