Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 55 of 114 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today - PART 2

Left work early to pick up an H&R M16A1 lower that I got off of PSA. Real nice piece of work, PSA is doing the right thing by allowing NoDak to do their thing and not compromise on quality. PSA isn't mentioned at all on the packaging either, so the people who get giddy at the thought of free PSA decals might be disappointed at the H&R decal included with the lower. Assembled it with a KE Arms lower parts kit that was missing the hammer, disconnector, and the safety; while also including an extra set of pivot pins, pivot pin detents and springs. Wound up cannablizing my A4 rifle for the needed parts, and will replace the missing KE Arms parts with surplus parts that I'll find at the next Oaks show. I already had the upper that I got at the previous Oaks show.

Also ran up to the Oaks train show yesterday and picked up four HO freight cars because I'm going to make the mistake of getting back into HO scale, despite my N scale collection. While there I met a buddy of mine in the parking lot and sold him one of my other AR rifles. After the train show I ran over to Tanner's because when I picked up the H&R lower, I saw this PTR-91 on their used rack. Luckily it was still there and it came home with me. Previous owner installed wood and spray painted it, but it kinda looks cool. In any case I'm eventually gonna Rhodesia-camo the thing.

(Luzerne County)

Mauser 1914, 2nd .32ACP I have now. Happy with the condition of it after clean-up for the price. Oldest gun I own by far. 22XXXX range serial

PXL_20230120_073835540.PORTRAIT2.jpg

(Cumberland County)

Should have never started buying knives. Just dropped the most $ on one that arrived today Microtech Signature Series Hera - Marfione and Cussell Makers. Thought it was neat and not many made, and most are sold out so what the heck. The Declaration of Authenticity is actually a metal slab not paper or cardboard - lol.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Midway had free shipping, and they had the ONE thing you can add to a hi-power to make it classier on clearance.....

(Lycoming County)

Not gun related, but I needed to cut new molding for the house. On sale at home dumpster. So far it's working pretty good for half the price of the DeWalt version I was initially going to buy.

(Elk County)

Stopped in an out-of-the-way shop this past weekend and found an as-new used SIG P210 Carry for under $1000:

The FFL also had a Lipsey's 4-5/8" Ruger Single Seven in .327 Federal, Model 8165, also ANIB a steal for $450:

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Not gun related, but I needed to cut new molding for the house. On sale at home dumpster. So far it's working pretty good for half the price of the DeWalt version I was initially going to buy.

I bought a Craftsman version of one of those almost 30 years ago for the exact same reason.
    I think I used it on one occasion shortly after that and it's been taking up space in my garage ever since.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post

I did the same thing. I bought a Kobalt one from Lowe's and used it to cut maybe 6 pieces of molding. Then I lent it to my brother inlaw, who lent it to my ex wife, who lent it to my son's best friend. I only found all of this out when I got a text from the best friend asking if we could meet up so he could give it back. lol

I got it back and gave it back to my BIL since I have no use for it now and no room to store it. I bought it a couple years ago and haven't had it almost that whole time.

(Northumberland County)

Lucky you even got it back. My dad had an aluminum brake when I was a kid that got passed around like that, and eventually went missing.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    Stopped in an out-of-the-way shop this past weekend and found an as-new used SIG P210 Carry for under $1000:

Nice. Bet you're glad you shot mine now.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 55 of 114 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast