Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today - PART 2

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Two years ago I purchased a pimptastic gun but Impact Guns was out of stock. They said they would fulfill the order and charge me when back in stock, but if price changed they may have to charge going rate. I received an email monthly for two years saying sorry, still out of stock, if you'd like to cancel order let them know. I just waited - figuring I'd never get it.
    Today's email, "send us your ffl's license and we will ship - it's in stock. And surprised even though price has gone up $150 ish, they did not charge me any extra - got for the price 2 years ago ( ok, go ahead, I'm ready, most of you would have to get paid to take this gun not pay anyone else - lol ).
    Behold my latest pimp gun - I'm dying...........................the gold, the engraving, the vz grips, now to get another clear plexi holster to keep it visible..............

That is certainly pimptastic. You got a Huggy Bear outfit to go with it?

Seriously, though, I love my Girsan MC P35 Match so much that I'm thinking about getting one of their Regard pistols just so I have an M92 clone.

(Cumberland County)

A great Saturday - GunShow in the morning, followed by my Gunshop after that! Pleasant surprise that two that I bought from buddy in Spain finally arrived after almost 2 years - lol. And a great deal at gunshow on a 10mm:

* Gunshow deal on a used but as new, claimed to be unfired, S&W model 610 in 10mm. All original "stuff" and an added pair of grips.
    * From Madrid - Colt Anaconda 44 mag.
    * From Madrid - Llama 22 magnum. I'm a Llama collector and I have never seen a 22 mag in this setup or even close. Can't even find one online to compare

Like a kid in a candy shop. Now once my pimp gold gun arrives it will be like Christmas

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(York County)

A great Saturday - GunShow in the morning, followed by my Gunshop after that! Pleasant surprise that two that I bought from buddy in Spain finally arrived after almost 2 years - lol. And a great deal at gunshow on a 10mm:

* Gunshow deal on a used but as new, claimed to be unfired, S&W model 610 in 10mm. All original "stuff" and an added pair of grips.
    * From Madrid - Llama 22 magnum. I'm a Llama collector and I have never seen a 22 mag in this setup or even close. Can't even find one online to compare

Like a kid in a candy shop. Now once my pimp gold gun arrives it will be like Christmas

Your glee just made me smile because I am the exact same way. I feel like a little kid when I come across something that really tickles my fancy. Then I can't wait to get them all cleaned up and get out to the range and try them out! Nice purchases!!!
    Last edited by guncollector; March 26th, 2023 at 03:55 PM.

(Jefferson County)

One of my uncles has a S&W 610 in 10mm. I fired it last year and never really knew how much of a kicker a 10mm could be. My first words after shooting was, "this thing is ignorant". My uncle chuckled a good one.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Traded even across a factory glock barrel for a flush/crowned Zaffiri barrel and a stainless steel guide rod to finish out my g26 carry gun “upgrades”. Had good luck with this setup in my race/target gun. Ringing 10” steel gong at 30yds on TFO open sights on both guns now. Gun shoots better than I do .

Now to add a vortex to the race gun and get proficient with it. RMR setups are weird, never could get used to it before.

(Cumberland County)

Bought some Ram Horn grips for the 610. I like the look - might be a bit snappy - lol, but hey, it's all about looks not comfort

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Bought some Ram Horn grips for the 610. I like the look - might be a bit snappy - lol, but hey, it's all about looks not comfort

I believe the novelty will wear off after one or two cylinders' worth of standard 10mm, but only one or two rounds of Buffalo Bore or Double Tap.

(Cumberland County)

Not exactly firearm related but I suppose there's plenty in this thread that isn't. When two of the most influential defensive knife makers on the planet do a knife together it's bound to be interesting. This is the Fred Perrin/Micheal Janich Fusion and it is a railroad spike tapered to needle point. I was kind of expecting more Perrin and a slim, light blade. I was very wrong. This thing is a hunk of steel. Quarter in the one photo for blade thickness scale.
    20230330_105846.jpg
    20230330_105920.jpg
    20230330_105923.jpg
    20230330_110010.jpg
    20230330_110145.jpg

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Not exactly firearm related but I suppose there's plenty in this thread that isn't. When two of the most influential defensive knife makers on the planet do a knife together it's bound to be interesting. This is the Fred Perrin/Micheal Janich Fusion and it is a railroad spike tapered to needle point. I was kind of expecting more Perrin and a slim, light blade. I was very wrong. This thing is a hunk of steel. Quarter in the one photo for blade thickness scale.
    I'm afraid to ask, but what did that run you?

I'd buy that for like $40 tops.
    F*#K THE ATF

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    I'm afraid to ask, but what did that run you?

I'd buy that for like $40 tops.
    They're $76 on Amazon right now. That's a good bit less expensive than a Spyderco Yojimbo, another Janich design.

Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast