Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 71 of 117 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today - PART 2

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Was up at the Pocono air show and camped out near the track the night before. A bunch of us were all drinking and I checked my e-mail and saw Atlantic Firearms got in these Galil SAR clones. Putting out the question over whether or not to order one to the guys I was with, they all answered I should so I did. Never browse Atlantic Firearms while drinking. This came in last week, finally got a pic of it. Stock is very stiff. Also ordered five more mags with it as well.

That was effectively the motto of my 2018...don't browse for guns while drinking.

Nice find there!

Was up at the Pocono air show and camped out near the track the night before. A bunch of us were all drinking and I checked my e-mail and saw Atlantic Firearms got in these Galil SAR clones. Putting out the question over whether or not to order one to the guys I was with, they all answered I should so I did. Never browse Atlantic Firearms while drinking. This came in last week, finally got a pic of it. Stock is very stiff. Also ordered five more mags with it as well.

Come back with a range report when you get a chance to shoot it. I've put off buying one of these because of a lot of issues reported. Surplus mags not fitting properly, feeding issues, trunion damage after a few hundred rounds, and headspace problems. Curious to see if you experience any of that.

(Northampton County)

Picked up a PSA Dagger as a cheap experiment. First came the Blem frame knowing there would be a deal on an optic ready slide assembly eventually. Didn't necessarily want a suppressor ready barrel but what are you going to do.

I had a spare red dot laying around so I'm not out of pocket for that.

(Elk County)

Was up at the Pocono air show and camped out near the track the night before. A bunch of us were all drinking and I checked my e-mail and saw Atlantic Firearms got in these Galil SAR clones . . . <it> came in last week . . . Stock is very stiff. Also ordered five more mags with it as well.
    Coincidentally, I bought a James River "Gallant" 5.56 Galil clone about a month ago after having the opportunity to extensively test drive it. The stock on the JRA is also very stiff, even after lubricating. Also, mine has a birdcage FH as opposed to what looks like a grenade launcher FH on yours. No problems operationally on either steel or brass 5.56 or .223, fed from either Tapco or surplus IMI or SA steel 35s. Hafta get rid of that uncomfortable swollen pistol grip and find a nice original, or get one of them 3D printed original look-alikes.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Northampton County)

Picked up 2 PSA daggers the other week. One for me and 1 for my fiance. Put a Timney Alpha trigger in mine and I prefer the trigger pull in that over my Canik Elite Combat. However the reset on the Canik is unmatched.

RIP: Ed "Ungawa"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Coincidentally, I bought a James River "Gallant" 5.56 Galil clone about a month ago after having the opportunity to extensively test drive it. The stock on the JRA is also very stiff, even after lubricating. Also, mine has a birdcage FH as opposed to what looks like a grenade launcher FH on yours. No problems operationally on either steel or brass 5.56 or .223, fed from either Tapco or surplus IMI or SA steel 35s. Hafta get rid of that uncomfortable swollen pistol grip and find a nice original, or get one of them 3D printed original look-alikes.

Noah
    I've been told that the stock loosens up over time.The muzzle brake on mine is pinned and welded to get to 16" and was advertised as "SBR ready", though it looks fairly normal with it regardless. There are original pistol grips on GB for offer, both Israeli and South African. The original flash hiders are grenade launcher flash hiders, but only if they have a tension wire on it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Come back with a range report when you get a chance to shoot it. I've put off buying one of these because of a lot of issues reported. Surplus mags not fitting properly, feeding issues, trunion damage after a few hundred rounds, and headspace problems. Curious to see if you experience any of that.
    I got a pack of five extra surplus mags with it and they fit, though one is pretty tight. I've been told that its a good idea to replace the followers in these surplus mags with modified Magpul followers.

(Cumberland County)

Hmmm, arrived as I was in shop for my usual Thursday run. Should I get New Marlin 1895 45-70 Skinner Trapper. And best yet, $1100 and change out the door my price. I've been wanting this gun for a while to add to the herd.

I knew what you enablers would say so that's why it's posted in this thread - lol. Pre-thanks for your advice
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

You should tell your shop to get a nice branded mat for you to take your pics on. They'll be getting tens of thousands in free advertising.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    You should tell your shop to get a nice branded mat for you to take your pics on. They'll be getting tens of thousands in free advertising.
    He doesn't want us to know where these deals are!!

Page 71 of 117 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast