Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today - PART 2

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    It'll be slow because pittsburgh would be the last of the targets because they don't contribute anything anymore so you'll only get a little radiation and die slowly of painful cancer over the course of several months.
    Dont worry Jay, we are screwed by Limerick power plant anyhow wont be a basement to hide in with properly placed nukes lol

I will say, those cots are damn comfortable for what they are though…

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Dont worry Jay, we are screwed by Limerick power plant anyhow wont be a basement to hide in with properly placed nukes lol

I will say, those cots are damn comfortable for what they are though*
    Dunno, according to nukemap, i'm going to suffer a 5psi blast if they hit limerick. Which is enough to knock out windows. Assuming I can plywood them up and seal them in time, I can avoid fallout from harrisburgh, as the fallout will move NE.

That's assuming russia doesn't hit reading by accident when aiming for limerick. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Just finished picking up the Ruger Wiley Clapp GP100 with the 3" barrel and 7 shot cylinder. Really like the sights on it.

No photos, but here is the Ruger link to it
    https://ruger.com/products/gp100/specSheets/1789.html

The search is on for some .357 mag ammo. I'm also going to order an Azula Gun's holster and 7-round speed strips from Amazon for it in the next couple of days. Heading out to the range later this week.

I'm planning on making this my "camp" gun, for when we head out to the rental cabin.
    Hopefully Ruger has fixed the binding issue they've had with their 7-shot GP100s. My MiL bought a 2.25" 7-shot GP100 about five years ago, and she can only load certain brands of .357 and .38 spcl in her revolver that don't bind up when all seven are loaded. Thankfully,we were able to test a boatload of brands and find some that worked, and since she doesn't shoot that often, she was able to live with the gun as it is. Ruger's solution to owners who sent the gun back was to offer a different gun of a comparable price because there was no way to fix the problem without redesigning the GP100. They claimed they were working on a fix, but without increasing the frame to allow for a larger diameter cylinder, I don't see how.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck. - Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Dunno, according to nukemap, i'm going to suffer a 5psi blast if they hit limerick. Which is enough to knock out windows. Assuming I can plywood them up and seal them in time, I can avoid fallout from harrisburgh, as the fallout will move NE.

That's assuming russia doesn't hit reading by accident when aiming for limerick. Fingers crossed.
    Thats also assuming they dont do us dirty with a cobalt 60 salted nuke

Any way you slice it, reading is toast if Limerick and 3 mile go up.

Gotta admit, the fireworks show for that from the top of Mt Penn/W.P. Firetower would be fun to watch (til you go flash blind ). And on a good day you’d also see Philly go up in smoke and mushrooms from the top of the tower, so silver lining in everything?

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657