Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 35 of 117 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today - PART 2

Polish NSP-3 gen 1 passive night vision scope. Heavy and cool. Really heavy. Image has two blems but overall I am impressed with it and just thankful it turns on. They are sold as is. Had to rig up three AAA batteries to run it at 4.5v. Couldnt get my phone to focus and take a good picture of the image. Has the usual gen 1 fisheye effect.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Couldn't get your hands on the Hubble space telescope?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

[QUOTE=JoshIronshaft;4681519]Polish NSP-3 gen 1 passive night vision scope. Heavy and cool. Really heavy. Image has two blems but overall I am impressed with it and just thankful it turns on. They are sold as is. Had to rig up three AAA batteries to run it at 4.5v. Couldnt get my phone to focus and take a good picture of the image. Has the usual gen 1 fisheye effect. QUOTE]

That is both interesting and impressive!

I'm not at all familiar with the item, but I do understand the intended application. I'm both intrigued and curious. Since my club, and probably all clubs want shooting stopped around sunset - and it looks like you have a bit of property there - have you been able to use it? Will it work on the darkest of nights or need some starlight? Distance limitations?

Cool piece of equipment dude!
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Its 1970's soviet technology, you should be impressed it doesn't come with a backpack you have to plug it into.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1919 View Post
    That is both interesting and impressive!

I'm not at all familiar with the item, but I do understand the intended application. I'm both intrigued and curious. Since my club, and probably all clubs want shooting stopped around sunset - and it looks like you have a bit of property there - have you been able to use it? Will it work on the darkest of nights or need some starlight? Distance limitations?

Cool piece of equipment dude!
    I haven*t test fired it yet but yes I do have the property to shoot it at night at about 100 yards.
    There are also many night shoot events coming up around the PGH area to play with night vision. One will have a range out to 900 yards, that one is in eastern Ohio.

Based on my first experience with it last night, it does a good job of amplifying the available light to provide a usable sight picture to identify and shoot targets. Last night was darker than average, but not 100% black out. I*m sure in that condition I would need an IR light to help out. As this old gen 1 unit has no safety mechanism to protect itself, I will have to be sure to use an IR light source with a lot of throw, so IR light is just hitting the target and not spilling on to the near ground. Those deer shown in my pictures are at about 75 yards. I think this thing will be useless past 250 yards to identify and shoot man size targets but I won*t get the chance to test it there until later this fall. I believe the magnification is fixed at 3x.

The most interesting thing about this scope is it is intended to be used not just at night but also during the day with a daylight filter. The daylight filter attaches the front of the scope, and in addition there are 3 internal filter settings that limit the amount of light let in, therefore controlling the brightness of your image. The reticle brightness is on a basic rheostat. I dont plan to ever power this up during the day and risk damage, but it is interesting. The main advantage it creates is being able to zero it during the day time. I can zero it at night so no issue for me, but a cool feature no less.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Philadelphia County)

Picked up this HK USP Expert in 9x19 today. I just love the look of longslide pistols.

(Cumberland County)

My boogered (re-blued) Colt Frame/Ithaca Slide WWII 1911 came the other day. Was neat that it came with a beat up what appears to be original? holster and sweetheart grips. Rather than sweetheart, I decided to go with pictures of my late Mom and Dad. My wife says I'm a strange bird. And her point?...........lol.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

That's friggin awesome.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    My boogered (re-blued) Colt Frame/Ithaca Slide WWII 1911 came the other day. Was neat that it came with a beat up what appears to be original? holster and sweetheart grips. Rather than sweetheart, I decided to go with pictures of my late Mom and Dad. My wife says I'm a strange bird. And her point?...........lol.

Those grips are BADASS!
    FJB

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 35 of 117 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast