Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today - PART 2

Damn triangle folders are hot. I've wanted one for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    When I put in a low bid on a gun I'm always 1/2 hoping I'll lose and 1/2 hoping I win - lol. Won this one. Brand new from a shop in NC $250 below Palmetto's current price for it. Wonder what the deal was. After I paid shop said if I'm interested, he has 2 of them if I'm interested in another Stock image from Palmetto. I'm told these GF3 version are good quality. We shall see.

(Allegheny County)

Vintage 2018 or so.

Over the last few years, Toro has been "improving" them with gimmicky shit that I don't care for, and the 2022 Super Recycler has been totally redesigned - and they ELIMINATED the side discharge. THANKS Toro! (assholes)
    I just wanted to get my hands on another unit that was identical to my other ones before I can't find anything in good condition.
    "New features" can be nice, but there's a lot to be said for the ability to swap parts and have multiple units that all use the same parts.
    The only negative on THIS one, is that it's got the "Toro" engine, vs the Honda engine on my other mowers.

The closest matching current model runs $700.
    It's not "like new", but it's really close, and I paid far less than a box of steel case 9mm for it.
    Last edited by Emptymag; April 16th, 2022 at 05:44 PM. Reason: typo
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Vintage 2018 or so.

Over the last few years, Toro has been "improving" them with gimmicky shit that I don't care for, and the 2022 Super Recycler has been totally redesigned - and they ELIMINATED the side discharge. THANKS Toro! (assholes)
    I just wanted to get my hands on another unit that was identical to my other ones before I can't find anything in good condition.
    "New features" can be nice, but there's a lot to be said for the ability to swap parts and have multiple units that all use the same parts.
    The only negative on THIS one, is that it's got teh "Toro" engine, vs the Honda engin on my other mowers.

The closest matching current model runs $700.
    It's not "like new", but it's really close, and I paid far less than a box of steel case 9mm for it.
    Whats the magazine capacity?

(Washington County)

It uses a clipazine.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Cumberland County)

Love my Waffen marked WWII guns. Have had a CZ 27 on the list for a while and my shop had one today and couldn't beat the price so said yes please! Had been in a family for as long as they can remember, probably a bring back. Only thing that doesn't match is the magazine - it says P Mod 24 not 27. Funny thing is my shop said the last one he got in had the same 24 not 27 marked magazine. Going to do some research but anyone here know why? Just a mis matched mag and no other explanation?

* looks like cz 24 was a .380 and the cz 27 is a 32 but 24 mags do work in the 27 - similar to the Mauser HSC pistols that use the same mag for 32 and 380! from what i've read the P Mod 24 are actually "rarer" and pricier.

[url=https://postimages.org/]

Last edited by cruzans; April 21st, 2022 at 06:19 PM. Reason: mag info.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Philadelphia County)

Certainly one of the fuglier pistols of WWII. Neat find though.

Love my Waffen marked WWII guns. Have had a CZ 27 on the list for a while and my shop had one today and couldn't beat the price so said yes please! Had been in a family for as long as they can remember, probably a bring back. Only thing that doesn't match is the magazine - it says P Mod 24 not 27. Funny thing is my shop said the last one he got in had the same 24 not 27 marked magazine. Going to do some research but anyone here know why? Just a mis matched mag and no other explanation?

* looks like cz 24 was a .380 and the cz 27 is a 32 but 24 mags do work in the 27 - similar to the Mauser HSC pistols that use the same mag for 32 and 380! from what i've read the P Mod 24 are actually "rarer" and pricier.

[url=https://postimages.org/]

(Cumberland County)

^^^I agree about it being fugly - but wanted - lol. Almost as ugly as my Frommer Baby!! I have yet to see another Baby in the wild though

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Northampton County)

Not today, but in the last month or so. A couple from Palmetto State Armory. First a PSA Dagger with threaded barrel and suppressor height night sights. And Second a PSA PA-10 in .308 topped off with a Vortex 1x8 Strike Eagle. Both shoot well and are accurate on the initial outing.

(Washington County)

I read somewhere that a lot of returning GIs were made to dispose of the magazine’s for their bring back trophies by their commanding officers. Possibly that could be why the majority of these pistols, if a bring back, have a replacement magazine that isnt quite right.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Cumberland County)

Could be - seems fairly common. I'm just glad the mag is a CZ and from around the same time vs a modern circle K or something! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I read somewhere that a lot of returning GIs were made to dispose of the magazine*s for their bring back trophies by their commanding officers. Possibly that could be why the majority of these pistols, if a bring back, have a replacement magazine that isnt quite right.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast