Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: "Bad Gateway" notices?

Another thing that is happening is that I'll click "Settings" in order to see any Subscribed Threads that have new posts.

It will spin and spin and I'll go look at my email, and come back to a blank page, so I refresh, and now there are no new subscribed threads, OR new posts when I click that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    Been discussed many times since the site software was upgraded.
    Last time I checked the site is running a software version from 2018. Probably way overdue for an update.
    "You gotta be alive to get paid."

(Delaware County)

Lol, I got a bad gateway notice teying to get to page 2 of this thread. Also get a security notice on my phone for some forum links. This just began for me today.

(Jefferson County)

The large threads, like the "What did you buy today" and others with lots of replies seem to cause the bad gateway thing for me. I'm starting to thing vBulletin has an issue in the database with the larger threads.

The server load isn't all that high, so I think the hardware can handle it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The large threads, like the "What did you buy today" and others with lots of replies seem to cause the bad gateway thing for me. I'm starting to thing vBulletin has an issue in the database with the larger threads.

The server load isn't all that high, so I think the hardware can handle it.
    Maybe lock the larger threads, start a new one with a similar name, and have a link back to the original in the first post? Say at the 2000 replies level? (to be tweaked if needed?)

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Maybe lock the larger threads, start a new one with a similar name, and have a link back to the original in the first post? Say at the 2000 replies level? (to be tweaked if needed?)
    I'm actually thinking of doing that with a couple of the big threads as a test. I could always unlock and merge them later if it doesn't help.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

I've been getting these as well but it seems to happen randomly on threads, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which threads don't load.

#1 thing to try is to clear your browser cache & cookies. See if that doesn't clear things up.

SUGGESTIONS:
    Use more than one browser, if you don't have another installed, try opening the threads in "private window" mode. Both of these seem to allow me to load threads when my main browser comes up with 90+% 502's. I think this may effect certain browsers more than others. I have a ton of problems with Brave (which is based on Chrome) but the site seems to work MUCH better with other browsers like Firefox, Vivaldi & Opera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12