Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Must be a money-driven reason

Shooting. Shooter apprehended. Shooter has criminal record begging the question, 'why not in jail'.

Instead of focusing on the absolutely identifiable fact(s) that the shooter(s) should not have had the freedom to shoot, and CORRECTING THAT SITUATION....which has existed for decades....those who could correct the situation distract us all by holding up the tool illicitly used, declaring the tool needs correcting.

How absurd, utterly insulting, and indicative of fraud under color of office.

When something makes no sense, look for the money. Money as ill-begotten gains. Money short in a budget. Money misdirected from its claimed need. Money wasted.

The main...first... reason for government is for protection of the people. Our governments are not fulfilling their assigned tasks, and I'm betting it has to do with improper, if not criminal, misuse of money; aided and abetted by DOJ, AG's and the like.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Must be a money-driven reason

The main first reason for government is to attain, retain and expand power. The money is just a perk.

(Centre County)

It costs money to build prisons. It costs money to run prisons. If every criminal who should be in prison were in prison the prison population would be way overcrowded. Liberals want to spend money on programs to try to turn criminals away from a life of crime, whether the criminals want to or not, liberals do not want more prisons.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Addressing just this one quote --
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The main...first... reason for government is for protection of the people.
    "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Put another way, protecting the people's ability to live free is the sole purpose for Government. Everything else falls under these two words.

Of the two, I would argue preserving liberty is even more important than protecting life itself. Safety at the expense of essential Liberty is tyranny. A government can ensure perfect bodily safety by imprisoning all of its inhabitants and removing all freedom of choice, but that isn't living.

Everything our Government does is supposed to protect our ability to live free -- free from foreign aggressors, from criminals, from tyrants.

Everything it does is also supposed to be done with our consent.

When it isn't serving these purposes and following the Constitution, it is violating our consent to govern.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    The main first reason for government is to attain, retain and expand power. The money is just a perk.
    That is the dysfunction of government, not its reason for existence. We all have failed to hold it accountable.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Bucks County)

protect our ability to live free -- free from foreign aggressors, from criminals, from tyrants...
    and that makes what I wrote wrong, how, please?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lehigh County)

When I lived in Houston in the mid seventies I drove past the state prison in Sugarland on my commute to work. There were prisoners in white uniforms working crops in the fields at 6:30 in the morning. Their system was almost self sustaining. The prison in Huntsville raised cattle and others manufactured stuff.
    NRA Life Member

(Wayne County)

Of course it*s about the money, how many prisoners has Wolf released back into society? How many prisons has Wolf closed in the last 7 years? Protecting the law abiding isn*t what Wolf, liberal DAs, legislators want.