Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Monroeville gunshow 4/2-4/3

Haven't been to a gunshow in years, didn't even realize they still had them at Monroeville. Checked out the show today. Lots of people, decent amount of vendors. Not as many guns as I remembered but I guess that's to be expected with today's market. Lots of ammo and ARs and AR parts. Prices were high but there were some deals to be had. Picked up some reloading stuff, small pistol primers, powder, and some .224 bullets. Was looking for a .223 bolt gun but didn't see any. Guess it was worth the trip, hopefully prices come back down one of these days.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Monroeville gunshow 4/2-4/3

I was a bit disappointed with the show. $11 entrance fee is too much considering the many empty tables there were. Maybe being it was opening day of trout. I renewed my NRA membership so I got in free.
    The food concession is overpriced.
    Tables of Chinese knives. A guy selling percussion massagers, blue tooth speakers and other stuff. Stickers, jewelry, etc., it’s turning into a flea market.
    All the promoters want is table and admission fees.
    Many shows would state it was only for gun and militaria and related items. Now it’s a wonder they aren’t selling pots and pans and ladies underwear.
    I much prefer the Washington County show but have to work next Saturday and I’m undecided about going Sunday.
    The last Washington show I thought was a bit of a stinker too, with lots of empty tables.
    It too is becoming a flea mart.
    It used to be you could find some deals at Washington.
    $150/1000 primers and $50/lb of powder is the new norm.
    I miss the old Monroeville show.

I chose to fish...

(Westmoreland County)

Today was the day to fish, not yesterday. Cold, rainy, windy, snowy, and I had the stream to myself today.

Shame the gun shows have went downhill. The crowd at the show yesterday was huge but people weren't sticking around because there wasn't a much gun stuff as there used to be and prices are high. If these vendors would he willing to deal a bit then they'd probably do a much better business. One guy had powder for $50 a lb and the containers weren't even full/sealed. Sorry but I'm not going to overpay for dubious powder and blow my face off.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nine MM View Post
    Today was the day to fish, not yesterday. Cold, rainy, windy, snowy, and I had the stream to myself today.

Shame the gun shows have went downhill. The crowd at the show yesterday was huge but people weren't sticking around because there wasn't a much gun stuff as there used to be and prices are high. If these vendors would he willing to deal a bit then they'd probably do a much better business. One guy had powder for $50 a lb and the containers weren't even full/sealed. Sorry but I'm not going to overpay for dubious powder and blow my face off.
    Wow , opened powder ,Really ? Was this a dealer ? I would never buy powder from less than a storefront , way to much to go wrong !!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nine MM View Post

I wouldn't take that, for free...

(Westmoreland County)

You know what I just looked at the showmaster website, the company that runs the Monroeville gun show. To reserve a table it says that 85% of what you're selling must be gun/ knife related, no exceptions. I wonder if anyone from the company is actually paying attention to what the vendors are selling. With the current boom in gun sales it shouldn't be hard to find quality vendors.

(Westmoreland County)

I think the promoter only sees the green of the vendors money.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I think the promoter only sees the green of the vendors money.
    I would imagine that this is a balancing act. Shitty show, no attendance, no profit. Great show, great attendance, big profit.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I was a bit disappointed with the show. $11 entrance fee is too much considering the many empty tables there were. Maybe being it was opening day of trout. I renewed my NRA membership so I got in free.
    The food concession is overpriced.
    Tables of Chinese knives. A guy selling percussion massagers, blue tooth speakers and other stuff. Stickers, jewelry, etc., it*s turning into a flea market.
    All the promoters want is table and admission fees.
    Many shows would state it was only for gun and militaria and related items. Now it*s a wonder they aren*t selling pots and pans and ladies underwear.
    I much prefer the Washington County show but have to work next Saturday and I*m undecided about going Sunday.
    The last Washington show I thought was a bit of a stinker too, with lots of empty tables.
    It too is becoming a flea mart.
    It used to be you could find some deals at Washington.
    $150/1000 primers and $50/lb of powder is the new norm.
    I miss the old Monroeville show.
    If by old you mean the one at expomart, 2000-2007, way awesome, I was also there why the "gun went off" incident occurred!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast