Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Law enforcement legal question

I'm still trying to figure out what a CCP is. Chinese Communist Party? Certified Community Protester?

(Bucks County)

Corruption of Constitution's Provisions
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Erie County)

Chocolate creme pie.
    Last edited by chp1911; July 4th, 2022 at 06:43 AM. Reason: spelling
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Erie County)

Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide

Critcal care provider

Customer care provider

Central committee president

Center for creative photography.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Berks County)

Concealed Carry Permit. If you're that anal, seek help.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by BDX2 View Post
    Well nothing has changed. He's still over there training hootin' and hollering', his dogs snarling and barking when he's training others against distractions.

Last Saturday My buddy myself and my dog walked past his home after a hike in the woods. I noticed he had a new girlfriend, she was holding what appeared to be her own dog on a 20 ft leader and several dogs were there with hers in the back yard. Once we get past the side of the house where I can no longer see, her dog comes bolting around the corner, no one holding the leash, I pull out the bear spray and give him a shot in the head just as my dog goes down and he's snarling. I pulled my dog away as I sprayed.

Dog on the loose immediately takes off down the street with the girlfriend in chase and apologizing. I said nothing.

A bit later on the trainer comes walking up the street and taunting me to come on down and fight like a man. I tell him several times he's trespassing on my property. We have a huge shouting match me just yelling over him (not my proudest moment) when I say hold on let me get my phone he's made it about half way up my yard. This is on security footage. It does show me motioning for him to leave, then my finger goes up when I say hold on a minute, then shows him immediately leaving. I wish there was audio that really would have made a case....but my cameras have none

I call the police to file another police report, they show up, he's calling me a racist, saying I sprayed his 2 year old daughter (who was in the house when I sprayed as far as I know). After he left my property he goes in his house. All windows were closed. I could hear him hitting internal walls and yelling (at his GF I guess?) I thought it was going to turn into a domestic call. It didn't.

The police are saying his daughter got sprayed, ambulance shows up, 15 minutes later they take her into the ambulance, 5 minutes later they carry her back out. Not a tear shed the entire time. Neighbor is suggesting the spray made it into the house. I show police the two puddles on the street where the spray puddled up. it's at least 50 feet from the house. Later my wife asks how the baby is, they say "Oh she cried it out". At that point I produced the two previous police reports (mostly the neighbors words not mine) and the legal document stating it's legal to kill a dog in pursuit of another dog. They take that and I imagine at some point showed it to the neighbor. I have several copies printed up, Thank You to whoever supplied that to me on this post. Strangest thing, the new GF who was most closely involved never once came out of the house once the police arrived, there was another girl there talking to police. I should have asked why she wasn't there but honestly It just never occurred. Woulda Coulda Shoulda Didn't, it's all happening fast and I don't notice until later on when my buddy mentions it.

Police suggesting someone was holding the leash when I sprayed, There was no one there and my buddy who was right next to me confirms this. In other words just a big shit show.

The next day I call the code enforcer. Leave a message. He calls back Tuesday and said The Trainer was offered a temporary code variance when he moved in and said he trains dogs. Said he declined it and said he'll just wait until he moves until he starts training. I said I have 3 police reports on file at this point where I called and reported his dogs out of his control.

Zoning officer says he'll send notification for the trainer to stop conducting business there, that was Tuesday. After the conversation I emailed him for a second time and included the first email from the first incident as well.

I asked to be kept informed, as this situation is rapidly escalating, and I have serious safety concerns for all people and animals involved.

That was Tuesday. Yesterday he was training on the street and quickly retreated to his garage with a dog and his client, clearly agitated. Later on he was up the street training with yet another client.

Looks like I have to show up at a council meeting. I may also have other random people call his office, identify themselves, and ask what the current situation is at that address. That technique has worked amazingly well in other situations. I once made a call to Hawaii to a dealer that was refusing warranty work for a guy on the same forum as me. They did the work.

I once had a dealership contact a curbside car dealership that was refusing to sign the title and transfer it for a car I'd bought in another state. The title was at my house the next day.

It's amazing how fast people will wake up and move once they realize that random people they don't know are taking an interest in their misdealing. It's worth a shot. No harassment or threats, just identify yourself and ask if the situation you heard about is true. Most people not acting or performing due diligence have no concerns about it, but only if they think no one else knows or cares. They get a few calls from random strangers merely asking an honest question about their behavior it changes fast. So far in my experience a beautiful thing.
    Although your municipality may have a leash law. Pennsylvania does not. The dog is required to be *under control.* if a dog is
    leash But not under control, it is no different hen it not being leashed.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lackawanna County)

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to sincerely thank everyone for your help. Since last posting I've consistently carried bear spray on me. I've taken it out once or twice with a new neighbor's pit bull on the loose, explained why and we are getting along great. Even in public I never get questioned, and I recommend it to others in similar situations. Had a hearing with the goof across the street and he was shut down. Then evicted for not paying his rent.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456