Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Law enforcement legal question

If he has monetary ties to law enforcement, you may be in for a larger challenge than you think.
    People (and municipalities) don't like when you interfere with an easy revenue stream.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Nope. Arguably, it doesn't even include your unenclosed front porch.
    Does anyone have any kind of citation or case law regarding this issue? Any cops or lawyers want to chime in? Currently have LTCF, but it would be good to know for future reference.

A post on FB got me thinking about this one. The family next door puts the dogs out and then they go away. The dogs bark. I said, why not feed them dogs some turkey lunch meat. A few hours after eating it the dogs will shit all over the house.

Same situation in your case. If the dogs come around feed them turkey lunch meat. They eat it, he calls them home they shit all over his place. Yea it's a shitty thing for a neighbor to do, but he doesn't care so why should you?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    This might be a good time to read up on the Harold Fish self-defense case, where a good guy was attacked by dogs and had to shoot the lunatic owner.
    If memory serves, wasn't that the case where they argued that they knew he intended to kill someone because he was packing a 10mm?

(Berks County)

I too know someone who breeds and trains police dogs. In fact they too also do it from their home. After seeing the front of their home, the very next thing you notice, is the 10 foot fence that encloses the sides and rear of the property. Inside the yard is a complete training park, kennels, and runs.
    Your neighbor sounds like a hack. Here is what you need https://www.cabelas.com/r/shop/en/Se...q=bear%20spray

(Lackawanna County)

Thumbs up Re: Law enforcement legal question

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If he has monetary ties to law enforcement, you may be in for a larger challenge than you think.
    People (and municipalities) don't like when you interfere with an easy revenue stream.
    That could be. I'll stay safe in the meantime. I'm not out to win win win and pulverize anyone. He's already taking more precautions than before. Haven't seen any unleashed dogs. I'm sure he doesn't want his business in jeopardy and that's apparent. I'd rather keep peace. There's a balance to be had and there's no way I'm putting on a silly tantrum because they won't shut him down. I won't be wasting any energy there. Perfectly honest I'm not out to shut anyone down, but the pressure is on him to make it work for everyone and I can see he knows it. If I had to piss someone off to get their attention so be it.

There's plenty of other practically effortless ways for me to be a huge pain in the ass, but it doesn't always have to be a fight to the death, or for life. We are neighbors. Life is better when there's peace.

Joining this forum was about the most effort I've taken besides reporting incidents and collecting half assed reports. Joining this forum really cooled me down a lot. I was mainly stressed about my CCW, but even worst case I would have gone open carry.

I really am very very grateful to everyone who took time for this. When you're right in the middle of it, any kind of support goes a long way and you guys give a lot !!!! Thank YOU from my heart !!!!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    A post on FB got me thinking about this one. The family next door puts the dogs out and then they go away. The dogs bark. I said, why not feed them dogs some turkey lunch meat. A few hours after eating it the dogs will shit all over the house.

Same situation in your case. If the dogs come around feed them turkey lunch meat. They eat it, he calls them home they shit all over his place. Yea it's a shitty thing for a neighbor to do, but he doesn't care so why should you?
    LOL Oh man that's Golden In this case he's always training the dogs, The only time they are outside is during training, whether it's his two or those and another two he may be kenneling/training at any given time. They occasionally get distracted and get away on him but he's usually in chase but the dogs are faster than he is haha.

This all started last fall when he was in a dark garage and all 4 dogs came bolting out. My dog is no Braveheart. No one got hurt or bit, I just knew he was getting lax what with 3 years here and the neighborhoods most popular dog trainer. Maybe he thought it was funny. I didn't. Now he doesn't either.

My house is backed up off the street. His is not. He trains on the street, my yard reaches out to what little room he has to work with. I could run all kinds of interference just casually strolling in my yard, just casually bumbling about on my own property. Even just sitting on my porch (I'm up an incline which is a mental advantage) I could put a rocking chair out there. I could use a crow or turkey call out the window on occasion. Maybe my car alarm acts up, maybe it doesn't. I'm not with clients, he is. Maybe I videotape, I still have a digital one....The list goes on.

This is just some of the fun stuff that runs through my head. It's silly the guy doesn't invest in a fence. But according to police (propaganda I like to call it), he's renting the house. There's a lot of room in the back and on one side. It would make life easy for him. I haven't done much if any of these things to him, Maybe just a little, just every once in a while to keep his memory fresh of what it could be like. I don't want to antagonize him, I feel as though I hold some power here but I'm not going to cause mayhem lol. I think I have a decent rep with the police in this township (it's a small One). I know the guy behind me is State Police and heard he doesn't like what's up (there's a lot he doesn't like), he has a small dog too maybe that's part of his concern. He also walks him late at night or early morning on weekends like I do.

Maybe I have little dog syndrome That possibility has me worried.......

Quote Originally Posted by BDX2 View Post
    LOL Oh man that's Golden In this case he's always training the dogs, The only time they are outside is during training, whether it's his two or those and another two he may be kenneling/training at any given time. They occasionally get distracted and get away on him but he's usually in chase but the dogs are faster than he is haha.

This is just some of the fun stuff that runs through my head. It's silly the guy doesn't invest in a fence. But according to police (propaganda I like to call it), he's renting the house. There's a lot of room in the back and on one side. It would make life easy for him. I haven't done much if any of these things to him, Maybe just a little, just every once in a while to keep his memory fresh of what it could be like. I don't want to antagonize him, I feel as though I hold some power here but I'm not going to cause mayhem lol. I think I have a decent rep with the police in this township (it's a small One). I know the guy behind me is State Police and heard he doesn't like what's up (there's a lot he doesn't like), he has a small dog too maybe that's part of his concern. He also walks him late at night or early morning on weekends like I do.

Maybe I have little dog syndrome That possibility has me worried.......

Got Dog whistle?

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...VF2CmMQ8wII5Ac
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 19547 View Post
    I too know someone who breeds and trains police dogs. In fact they too also do it from their home. After seeing the front of their home, the very next thing you notice, is the 10 foot fence that encloses the sides and rear of the property. Inside the yard is a complete training park, kennels, and runs.
    Your neighbor sounds like a hack. Here is what you need https://www.cabelas.com/r/shop/en/Se...q=bear%20spray
    Thank You. I'm wondering if Bear Spray is different legally than pepper spray. I'm going to research it and either order a big can that goes out with the dog. My wife walks him too, she's been in situations besides this one. She bought a flashlight/small cattle prod (snappy spark at the end) one pop and ours goes ballistic just hearing it. She doesn't carry and that concerns me. Lost the charger cord which is typical. If I buy the spray I know she'll carry it. Maybe my son will too, he's also had a close call or two (again with other dogs, not these)

I don't want to wait until it's too late, I'll order it tonight before I go to sleep. Several have already suggested it and it's really as far as I can see a very effective practical solution. Thank You for the help !!!

(Lackawanna County)

I ordered the spray in a 3 pack. Comes with a plastic belt clip. I noticed my wife has a small can of mace on the dog leash. I think after being there awhile everyone just sort of forgot about it.

I'm going to reinforce keeping it ready for everyone going out with the dog. They usually wait until I get mad before they listen, so I'll get mad haha.

In my opinion this is overall a much better option than drawing a firearm in this particular situation, I wished I'd come to that conclusion myself.

Many Thanks Again for the Solid Advice, This situation really got me thinking.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast