Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default ATI Bulldog 12ga bullpup

I've had this gun for a while now, and I have to say, I love it. I've been shooting trap for decades with a Remington 1187 or a Browning O&U or a dozen different other shotguns, and the bulldog isn't a trap gun. I think it's more suited for home defense, or pretty much anything other than trap.

I was thinking it would be some cheap toy that looked neat, and for $380, I wouldn't have been that upset if it was just that. But it's seems to be more than that. I'll admit, I only feed 2.75" shells, since that's all I have, bird and buck. But I've fed over a thousand shells through it at this point and it just doesn't jam. Different brands, different loads, it just eats everything I've tried.

I convinced 2 friends to buy one after they tried mine, and they love it too. A 3rd friend insisted that he could save $20 and get the panzer model with the side charging handle, and apparently his will only feed 3" shells without jamming. Lots of videos on the bulldog as well, and I haven't seen one that wasn't a glowing review. The ONLY thing I don't like is the not-so-adjustable cheek guard, nothing you can do makes it really firm. It's flimsy plastic that wiggles back and forth. Doesn't bother me, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

So if you're in the market for a cheap home defense shotgun, I'd consider it.

Default Re: ATI Bulldog 12ga bullpup

Semi auto?

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Semi auto?
    Yes, semi auto. I've emptied the mag as fast as I could pull the trigger without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Yes, semi auto. I've emptied the mag as fast as I could pull the trigger without issue.
    For the money it doesn't seem bad.