Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show APR 1, 2 & 3, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    [snip] PSP needs to get their stuff together real damn quick or there will be no point to doing gun shows anymore.
    Many years of observational evidence would suggest that PSP (upper echelon) is at best indifferent, and more likely, smugly satisfied with frustrating buyers and sellers.

On the whole, it seems that executive bureaucracies are less than thrilled at having a free exercise of the individual RKBA. Having hostile chief-executive does not help matters any.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Berks County)

Yep, there’s more than one way to stop gun sales.

(Chester County)

hands down, this was the most frustrating show I have ever done at Oaks.
    I bought a gun there t 5 PM on Friday, and was approved at 8 AM on Saturday. The show folks gave me a pass to go back on Saturday.

I bought several guns in the past few weeks, and PICS took 5-8 bhours on every one of them. I bought one long gun in another state, and the NICS check took all of 2 minutes. While I like the idea of local control, it does no good if we're dealing with hostile idjits. Maybe FOAC does have this one right....
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(York County)

PICS wait times are stupid and have been so for the last couple weeks. 5,7, and even 34 hour wait times on an "instant check" system are absurd. on a positive note, there are rumblings of a class action lawsuit against the PSP for the slow down and loss of monies from dealers paid to PSP for transactions that have never taken place due to excessive wait times. id be very interested in seeing how that plays out. may also gain some traction if a promoter or two would hop on in for loss of monies as show goers refuse to come in to the show or demand refunds after finding out they cannot purchase a gun. the worst part about this issue is that most every out of state buyer gets an immediate approval including buyers with green cards, while PA residents wait countless hours for an approval number.

PICS wait times are stupid and have been so for the last couple weeks. 5,7, and even 34 hour wait times on an "instant check" system are absurd. on a positive note, there are rumblings of a class action lawsuit against the PSP for the slow down and loss of monies from dealers paid to PSP for transactions that have never taken place due to excessive wait times. id be very interested in seeing how that plays out. may also gain some traction if a promoter or two would hop on in for loss of monies as show goers refuse to come in to the show or demand refunds after finding out they cannot purchase a gun. the worst part about this issue is that most every out of state buyer gets an immediate approval including buyers with green cards, while PA residents wait countless hours for an approval number.
    I was just having this conversation with my wife this weekend. I bought two guns on Saturday and got put in pending. This has been going on now since the summer of 2020. Sometimes I wait 2-3 hrs, though one time it didn't go through until the following morning. On Saturday, the transaction took five hours to go through. We were able to kill time doing other things, but I said to her if this was at a gun show, I'd be screwed if the vendor wasn't nearby to pick up the gun. My regular FFL has been suggesting to his customers to contact their State reps to get them to look into the PICA delay problems. It's been tried before and nothing came about from it. Maybe this class action suit will have more teeth.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Many years of observational evidence would suggest that PSP (upper echelon) is at best indifferent, and more likely, smugly satisfied with frustrating buyers and sellers.

On the whole, it seems that executive bureaucracies are less than thrilled at having a free exercise of the individual RKBA. Having hostile chief-executive does not help matters any.
    No doubt in my mind , the po is not exactly 2A friendly...............

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678