Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show APR 1, 2 & 3, 2022

Do they still have the Glock booth? That will make upgrades or accessorize while you wait?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Do they still have the Glock booth? That will make upgrades or accessorize while you wait?
    I didn*t really pay attention for that but if it is who I think it is, I don*t remember seeing them there this time. I also didn*t see scottsgard*s booth but someone on here said he was there.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It can be hard to swallow the high prices on powder at the shows but they're not so bad if you factor in haz-mat shipping costs that go with your online purchases.
    I had just purchased a bunch of H110 online a while back because I got another 357 revolver. I saw a bunch of H110 at the show for $40 per lb. I think Walleye Hunter is right, with supplies as spotty as they are, plus shipping and hazmat, that's not bad. I ended up getting a couple Polymer 80 kits and a holster, and didn't really see the entire floor, it has grown since I was last there several years ago.

I got a brick of 500 .22LR for 9 cents a round, which I didn't think was too bad. I want to do some bullseye competing on another forum. Did anyone see any primers? Plenty of ammo, and some powder, but I didn't cover the whole floor, had to get home to see a contractor.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I was there on Friday...bought something from JSD...had to return it today and they swapped out a part for me and it still didn't resolve anything.

Anyone have a contact number for JSD Supply...I'm not asking for their number on their website since they are all at the show. Anyone have a cell number from one of them, so I can call. I really hate to make a third trip to the show.
    What issue are you having? I tried to message you but either I can't figure it out or you can't receive messages. I don't want to put a cellphone number out in the open.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I didn*t really pay attention for that but if it is who I think it is, I don*t remember seeing them there this time. I also didn*t see scottsgard*s booth but someone on here said he was there.
    He is on the left wall of the first hall about 1/2 way in.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Delaware County)

Was there today (Saturday) around noon. 2 Halls, the third was "The Bead Show." Was an OK show. Had enough 5 star sausage from the last show, so didn't stop there. Did get a Glock 23X. The paper work was actually all electronic work. PICs wasn't that slow, but the vendor had only a single iPad to do all the broadcast work so that slowed things a lot. Overall took about 20 minutes to get everything done - I was 3rd in line.

Other non-firearm stuff was getting a pound of really good chocolate/salt caramel fudge near the Hall A entrance. This did the job of pacifying my wife regarding the above purchase.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Chester County)

I got jerky for the first time from Jerky Hut and that*s the best jerky I ever had. I*m use to eating super dry jerky, and that*s why I rarely buy it. The jerky from Jerky Hut is very tender and juicy. I accidentally spent $60 there without realizing I was buying $60 worth of jerky. Still, I*ll probably grab a bag or two every time I go back to the show. The sweet garlic is my favorite.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Yes in the second hall off to the right when coming through the entrance

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Yes in the second hall off to the right when coming through the entrance
    There are entrances in both halls.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
    I had just purchased a bunch of H110 online a while back because I got another 357 revolver. I saw a bunch of H110 at the show for $40 per lb. I think Walleye Hunter is right, with supplies as spotty as they are, plus shipping and hazmat, that's not bad.
    I bought powder online, once, during an obama shortage, but usually bought either at gun shops or gun shows because of the HazMat shipping and signature required policy of most suppliers.

$25 per pound, maybe $20/pound at the big box stores, used to be the norm for most everything but Vihtavuori powders. You could do a little better if you bought 4 or 8 pound jugs. I was in a shop a couple weeks ago, and saw H322 at $52.50/pound.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast